Re: My droid has 2.1 How do I get 2.2 ?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Hasn't  been released yet.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you wait.....along with the rest of us. or you do unmentionable things to the phone and find it online....but i WOULD NOT suggest that.

0 Likes
Re: My Droid has 2.1 How do I get 2.2 ?
jrw21221

Has there been any word on when Verizon might get around to releasing the update since it is available right now?  What could they possibly be waiting for? 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

all kinds of things. there's a few steps in the process. google has released 2.2. but now htc has to incorporate it into the device, THEN vzn has to give it the OK. i've been laughed at for saying this winter....but don't be shocked if it takes that long. 2.1 was out for about 6 months (i think?) before eris users got it.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

The official word from HTC is by Christmas.  We should have our hands on 2.2 about 2 months after 3.0 is out. 

0 Likes
cyber830

At least any bugs will have been worked out by then ha. . Tho... I hadn't heard of anyone bricking a Droid as yet using the released version. What II don't know is if VZ will charge to use the hotspot. My wife has the Pre and they gave that feature away for that one phone.

0 Likes
ADell_89

I heard it was suppose to come out in late July with the Droid X but the Droid X doesn't even have 2.2 on it so I'm going to assume it's going to be a lot longer before we see it.

0 Likes
Arizona623
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I found a article today saying it's suppose to be realesed on Monday the 19th.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/17/verizon-readying-droid-x-update/

0 Likes
mitac

At the bottom of this article, virtually hidden from a casual glance, the author writes, "And no, this is not Froyo.  We’re still expecting that in August."

0 Likes