My Swype has stopped working, how do I get it back!?
LTux

I am not sure what update happened or when it happened...one minute I was using swype...the next, it is no longer working. I tried turning it off and then back on. I tried turning the whole device off and back on. I am at a loss. HELP! PLEASE!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Swype has stopped working, how do I get it back!?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LTux, let's get you back to swyping! Have you tried resetting the keyboard app by doing a Force Stop and Clear data and rebooting the device? When did the problem begin? Had you downloaded any new apps around that time? What model phone are you having the trouble with?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LTux

I have tried force stop, cleared the data and rebooted.... no success. I have the Motorola RAZR...model XT907? I didn't download any new apps but I did recently uninstall a few 3rd party apps that I was no longer using. They were ones I had added, not ones that came with the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying all those steps, LTux. Do you have or were you using any 3rd party texting or keyboard apps? What happens when you actually try to Swype? Try placing your phone into Safe Mode http://vz.to/R2sMQc and use the original messaging application and keyboard Swype.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
LTux

As far as I am aware, I have always used the standard keyboard and texting apps that came with the phone.  There is no swype option on the keyboard any longer. The keyboard is just standard numbers and letters that have to be pressed individually. When I go to settings to try to change anything in swype, it looks as it would if swype were working - it shows all the settings for swype are correct - it just doesn't show up when the keyboard pops up for any apps or function on the phone.

I placed the phone in SafeMode and still not able to use swype.

0 Likes