My Samsung S5 text messages come in out of order
Guinnessmike

Text messages come in out of order  often my part is not kept in between the other person's text and sometimes the other person's text messages are out of order  the end sentence is first followed by the previous sentence  Can be very confusing

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Samsung S5 text messages come in out of order
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Guinnessmike,

I can see how that can become very confusing. I would be lost on what the person was trying to say. Let's make sure that we get to the bottom of this for you ASAP. Are you using the default text message application or are you using a 3rd party application from the Google Play Store? How long would you say this has been going on? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Guinnessmike

This has happened since activation of the device about a month ago.  I am using the default message program that came on the device

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Guinnessmike,

Thank you so much for those details. Here is what I would like to do. Please go into Settings, Application, Application Manager, slide the screen to the left until you get to the ALL section, Messages Application, Force Stop, Clear Data, and Clear Cache. Then power the device off and power it right back on and then re-test the messages. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Guinnessmike

Did that and there is no change  items still come in out of order and my replies end up at the bottom of the conversation instead of as they occurred

I actually watched the message come in and they inserted themselves before my reply and totally out of order

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is truly strange, Guinnessmike. Since the default app for text on the S5 is Message , please log into www.vzw.com/verizonmessages and compare the messages on the site to the messages on your phone. Are they out of order on the site as well?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Guinnessmike

On the web app they are in the proper order and do not match what I see on the phone

0 Likes
JEMMAN98

Simple solution DO NOT USE Verizon Messaging... It is horrible! switch to the samsung text messager and problem solved...

0 Likes