My Samsung A50 keeps going black right away
deehos

My Samsung A50 keeps going black right away even though I have it set to not go to sleep. How do i change this?   

0 Likes
Re: My Samsung A50 keeps going black right away
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure you can use your device without any issues deehos. We can go through a few steps to make sure everything is set correctly for your comfort via the device. Can you please navigate to Settings> Display> Screen Timeout to see what it is set to currently?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
deehos

I have changed my time out to 10 minutes.  But it still goes black within seconds.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deehos, I appreciate what you've done on your end. We want nothing more than to provide a solution to the issue you are having with your device. Please make sure that the Accidental touch protection is off. Settings>Display>toggle off "Accidental touch protection" Please let us know if this helped.  

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
koolchg

I also have a Samsung A50 and the screen is constantly going black no matter what I am doing and it can be hard to get it to come back.  My time out is set to 10 minutes and the Accidental touch is set to off.  What's up??????????????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for reaching out to us today, koolchg. We want to make sure that your display is able to stay on for a longer period of time. Do you have a case or screen protector on the device? How long has this been an issue for your phone? Please keep us posted. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
koolchg

I have it in a hard cover case and it happens more and more, it just goes black no matter what I am doing and you just twist and turn it till it comes back, VERY annoying!!  This has happened since I got it but it is getting progressively worse!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want you feeling this way, koolchg. Let's try some troubleshooting. Please put your device in Safe Mode, using the steps in this link: http://spr.ly/66001U9Sk If you still have the issue, please turn off Safe Mode (just power off and back on), clear the cache on your device, and let me know if it's still happening. Those steps are here: http://spr.ly/66011U9SZ

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes