My LG G4 won't restart. Just goes to LG Lifes Good screen and will never go beyond.
surp

How do I get beyond opening screen of LG G4?  It is frozen and will not restart. Have tried restarting numerous ways.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My LG G4 won't restart. Just goes to LG Lifes Good screen and will never go beyond.
surp

I cannot make or receive calls, nothing.

0 Likes
Re: My LG G4 won't restart. Just goes to LG Lifes Good screen and will never go beyond.
2Great

Its bricked, google LG g4 boot loop issue. This just happened to me, brought the phone to vzw and luckily it was under warranty so it was replaced with a refurb 2 days later. The lesson here is dont buy an LG phone

0 Likes
surp

A little late now...ugh... so anything stored on  phone is lost? 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LG Nexux 5X works pretty good. This is probably a batch issue with some of their phones.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

And, under that reasoning....don't buy any product, IE: Samsung S6 due to that one batch with the blue dot on photos taken with the front camera.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Not if it was backed up before hand.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Surp,

This is definitely not the experience we want you to have with your device. It's vital that your device be up and working at all times. Just to confirm, the screen is frozen which causes you not to be able to make or receive calls correct? When did the issue start? Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
angel2002144

I had this issue and called Verizon and had a replacement sent out to me. Last night, lucky me, I have the same problem with the replacement phone. When I called Verizon I was told  since I got my replacement phone on 10/24/15 and it started today I was over my 3 month warranty for the phone. I would need to buy a new phone as it is over a year since a bought the new one ( like a year and 2 months)

Here is the statement that I found from LG online:

LG Electronics has been made aware of a booting issue with the LG G4 smartphone that has now been identified as resulting from a loose contact between components. Customers who are experiencing booting issues with their LG G4s should contact their local carrier from where the G4 was purchased or a nearby LG Service Center (www.lg.com/common) for repair under full warranty.

Customers who purchased their G4 devices from non-carrier retailers should contact an LG Service Center with the understanding that warranty conditions will differ. LG Electronics is committed to providing the highest standards of product quality and customer service and apologizes for the inconvenience caused to some of our customers who initially received incorrect diagnoses.

Also on Youtube the video I saw that was exactly what my NEW phone and my replacement phone is doing is LG G4 Boot Loop Defect by Demonstration posted 12/2015

0 Likes