My LG Enlighten isnt turning on!
Debbie423

It shut itself off and now when the battery gets put back in, it starts to turn on but freezes on the LG screen. it continues to flash the LG LOGO and then shuts back off only to repeat. Please if someone could cure this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My LG Enlighten isnt turning on!
rpcwp

Me too.  Anyone know how to fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,
I want you both to have an operable device!  Did anything happen before this took place?  Have you attempted to charge the device and power?  If you are still experiencing this please backup and complete an alternate factory reset by following the visuals here http://bit.ly/Qzv8Ez .  Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.  Thank you! 

TominqueB_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jayellejaycee

I was having the same issues and came across your suggestion. I performed the reset and my phone turned back on but continued to freeze and shut down. It will now not turn on again. Any other suggestion? Is it the battery or is it an issue with the phone?

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If anyone is having problems like this, instead of using the charger, use a USB port on a PC. Try something different. It could be the battery. Sounds like a low-charge condition, and this could be because the AC adapter isn't working properly. It could also be because of a bad USB cable (one of the charging pins has disconnected from it's associated wires).

Always good to have alternate means to charge your phone, and also additional USB cables.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jayellejaycee-

I'm so sorry for the troubles you are encountering with the Enlighten! There are still some steps we can take to determine if the battery is the culprit in this situation. Have you been able to try a different battery in the device? If not- remove the battery from the phone, and plug into the wall charger. If it powers on, we will know the battery is bad. If it still does not power on, its likely device hardware. Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jayellejaycee

It wound up being a hardware issue. The battery is fine and I called and had a reset done to the phone but it still didn't help. I have a replacement on the way. Thank you so much for your help!

0 Likes
THColo

I just ran into something similar with my daughter's phone.  I'm sure you already have this fixed but for future reference, it turned out once her battery was totally drained, it wouldn't charge with the AC adaptor.  I had to charge it via USB. Then after it charged some, the AC adaptor would work again.  My LG Dare did the same thing--battery fully drained, and I couldn't charge it.  I was getting ready to return it and then tried the USB and it charged.  Very odd and frustrating.    

0 Likes