My Galaxy S4 won't open any applications and has become very slow
Magicman811

Hey guys, so last night I let my phone die out and let it sit like that until the next morning when I started to charge it. Upon turning the phone back on, I noticed startup was very slow. Most of the apps I tried to access wouldn't work, the notification would appear on my screen saying this app isn't responding and gives me 3 options to wait, send report, or close. This has happened with almost every app I've tried to open. An even if my phone does allow me to open an app, the app is very slow and usually closes within 15 to 20 seconds. I've NEVER encountered a problem like this before with any phone I've had. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling certain apps and it still doesn't work, tried taking battery out, restarting phone, running virus scans, and taking out sd cards and still nothing. Not sure if theres another trick I could try to get my phone back to working normally if so I'd greatly appreciate hearing it. If anyone could help me out that would be great, If not I may just end up taking it in to a retailer to see if they can help. Thanks in advance guys.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Galaxy S4 won't open any applications and has become very slow
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

You need to rebuild your battery as much as is possible (don't know how old) power down phone and give battery a full 8 to10 hour charge. Next power on phone and run battery down very slowly to 50% charge. Keep phone on in sleep mode and charge again to a full 100% or for 4-5 hours. Use phone as normal till you are down to 35% charge and do another deep 8 hour charge of device. Your battery if still in good working conditions should be on a more normal life cycle. Also clear out your system cache as phone returns to normal.

tbo27
Master - Level 2
GoogleGlass3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would first try just a normal soft reset and the battery charge and maybe not be force into doing the factory reset.

0 Likes