My Droid
GX3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would like to know if anyone knows how to change my text ringtone from the standard Droid to a music one?

Labels (1)
Re: My Droid
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's in the Settings of your text app if you're talking about changing to one of the preloaded tones.  If you want to use your own music, put a copy of the .mp3 file in the phone's Notifications folder (in the internal storage) and it will then show up as an option in the text app's Settings.

B33
Legend

Just to add if your looking for some good sounds)  for ringers or notifications Zedge has about the best in tones & Wallpapers it's a free app there are a few ways to see whats available using search say if you was a fireman and want a fire ringer just put in search and it will bring up several firetruck sounds or as such)  they have new tones & wallpapers daily.. b33

0 Likes
GX3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm new at the smartphone game. So, it's stupid question time. How do I out a copy of my tunes in the notifications folder?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

hmm!  not sure what your meaning there bud but to get to your notification as Tikibar1 pointed out, just go to your text messaging or your email like Gmail or Yahoo open the app find your settings in there should be your notification tones find one you like tap and you should be good to go.)  But if your still having trouble finding what your looking for it might be best if your close to a store drop by and have them point it out too ya..

And since your new Smartphones it might not hurt to sign up for a class to show ya some of the basic's of smartphone use the classes far as know are free..

0 Likes
GX3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Brah Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not a stupid question at all.  Without knowing which phone you have (because the instructions could vary), if the music file is already on your phone, do you know how to navigate to where the file is located?  If not, post back and include which phone you have.  If you do know how to get to the music file, long-press it and you should get a pop-up with choices that include copy.  Press Copy and you should then have a choice for Device Storage.  Press that and you should then see all the folders in your internal storage.  Scroll to the Notifications folder and press it.  You then should have a Paste or Paste Here button, probably in the upper right-hand corner.  Press that and the file should be copied.

If the music file isn't on the phone, connect your phone to your computer via the USB cable, allow the drivers to load, and then copy the files from your computer to your phone.  If you want to use the music as a ringtone, put copies in the Ringtone folder of your phone's internal storage and likewise put copies in the Alarms folder if you want to use them as alarms.  If you want to use them for music, put them in a Music folder on your external SD card if your phone has one; otherwise, the Music folder is also on the phone's internal storage.

Post back if you have further questions or need more detailed instructions.  Welcome to the world of smartphones!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome,

0 Likes