My Droid Razr Maxx gets really hot
truebill

My Droid Razr Maxx gets really hot  when I'm at work, even though I am not using it.  The wifi, blue tooth, and mobile data are on, and the wifi is connected to my employer's secure wireless network.  I have the phone set for updates only when manually initiated.  The temperature on the phone goes up to over 107 degrees, and it runs down the battery incredibly. The phone tells me that it is the Android System and Google Play Services that are using most of the battery power.  I have to turn off the wifi and mobile data in order to have it cool off.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Droid Razr Maxx gets really hot
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

From what your saying I feel you need to go in and recheck those Google settings, all of them, Google Plus maps, etc. The radios are eating away at the battery and causing the overheating. BlueTooth is also hard on a battery but I think your problem is Google related.

0 Likes
truebill

What do you mean by check my google settings?  The maps is disabled. 

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Google plus, location settings service like GPS , Google Chrome all can be a power drain if certains apps are using them. You stated Google Play services so I would start looking in that direction and apps that may be using them.
The maps can also be saved and used offline to save data and battery. Hope you locate your bad guys. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

truebill, it sounds like your device is working overtime! Are you using the charger that came with that device? We recommend that you have your device evaluated at a store location http://vz.to/1h3etAK Make sure that bring your charger and device with you.

Here's a few tips to save your battery life: http://vz.to/RGq0QW

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
truebill

Yes, I am using the charger that came with the phone. But it doesn’t get hot when it’s charging. It only gets hot at my work when the wifi is connected and mobile data is enabled, but it gets hot even though I am not using it. And it gets really hot – over 105 degrees within an hour or so. Nothing is apparently running. I had the same problem with another Droid Razr Maxx HD, and I brought it to a store and they didn’t do anything but they ordered me a new phone, and it is this new phone that is having the same issues. It must have something to do with some app or software running when it is connected to the wifi, even though I’m not getting pushes or syncing.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

(truebill, it sounds like your device is working overtime! Are you using the charger that came with that device? We recommend that you have your device evaluated at a store location http://vz.to/1h3etAK Make sure that bring your charger and device with you.)

His problem is not a charger or charging issue. truebil has runaway app or apps such as Google plus, a location service like GPS , Google Chrome or bad radios in that Droid.

0 Likes
truebill

Yes, I agree that there must be some runaway app, but how can I find out what it is. If I check the battery usage, it shows me that Android OS is the biggest user.  But I can't stop that.  If I look at running apps they are hopping all over the place between running services and cached services.  That is, numerous apps are bouncing back and forth between running and being cached. 

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Begin by going into your applications manger and looking for apps refreshing or updating too often. Some more common ones to watch are weather, news, e mail, location finding GPS ,syncing service, Chrome all can be changed in refresh time and set for manual updating.Try to focus on the high active use apps where those radios or even Bluetooth are in play.

0 Likes
bosshart19

Get Battery Doctor and learn it ... well. No more troubles.

0 Likes