Msgs on samsung galaxy s6 edge
ktam803

Why is the galaxy s6 edge not able to send a 2min video by video msg or email and forces you to trim it down to send and it gets distorted?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Msgs on samsung galaxy s6 edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am certain we can solve this mystery  . Are you using the default messaging application or one you had downloaded? The resolution of the video will also make a difference how long of a message can be sent. The lowest resolution possible will give you the maximum length available to be sent over the MMS network.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ktam803

I am using the default messaging. I have tried using the lowest resolution and shortening the video. It still looks grainy when you open the msg. My sister has an iphone on vzw and she can send videos 2 min or more and it looks clear and does not require shrinking it to send.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming that you are using the default messaging application Tameka. We definitely want you explore ways for you to share those videos with top quality. Please install/use Verizon Messages application, make it your default messaging application and test. http://spr.ly/6583BVscS

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

MMS does have file size limits as it was created during a time where Flip phones and 1X connected Blackberries were king. Perhaps the iPhone sent the video over iCloud / iMessage?

0 Likes