Motorola Droid X2 - can I assign a specific function to the magnifier button?
Someotherdude

I would like to assign the magnifier button (rightmost of the 4 physical buttons) to bring up my universal inbox to eliminate several clicks for a function I use 100 times a day. I do not currently use the magnifier button at all.

THanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid X2 - can I assign a specific function to the magnifier button?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The magnifier button is for Google Search. It can't be reassigned.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid X2 - can I assign a specific function to the magnifier button?
Someotherdude

Thanks for the answer. Can you recommend any way to simplify the bringup of the universal inbox beyond the Home-Messaging-Universal triple click?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there a widget for it? Can you place the shortcut directly on the home screen?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

A long press of the search button can bring up other options as well, but the app has to specifically enable that API for it to work.  In other words, it's not likely that it will work for that app specifically.

0 Likes