MotoG6 Drops Calls
KymBeau

My MotoG6 drops calls, and/or has a funny, buzzy background noise at times.  I've taken the trip through troubleshooting, have set up Wi-Fi calling.  Problem is not the Wi-Fi, as everyone's else's phone works perfectly.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  I should state that I am a senior citizen, and only minimally tech savvy. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: MotoG6 Drops Calls
bearone21
Legend

what works on other phones may be an issue on yours. could be location or near electrical appliances.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to stay connected. I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with your device. You mentioned covering troubleshooting? Was the issue happening in a specific location or does it follow you 5 miles or more? Is this happening indoors, outdoors or both? Please share detail that will help us resolve this for you. BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
KymBeau

Most of my calling is at home, however I have dropped calls when out and about.  I have enabled wi-fi calling which didn't make a difference.  I have changed my network from global to LTE/CDMA.  My signals are NOT weak and both husband and daughter have no problem with their phones.

Sometimes when I initiate a call it looks as if it is going through, but there is no ringing, and the call recipient reports dead phone.  Sometimes it goes in and out.  Sometimes I can talk for 30 minutes, sometimes I can't talk for more than 1-2 and it drops. Tried talking to my husband this morning and tried 6 times to get past a minute of talk before it dropped.  Very frustating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would be very frustrating to me, KymBeau. When I’m on the phone, I sure don’t want drops or buzzing sounds. We want to help in every way we can. I’ve sent you a Private Note so we can take the next steps.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes