Message+ No Longer Uses Custom Message Tones Defined in Contacts
zorvek
Enthusiast - Level 3

The current version of Message  does not support custom tones as defined in Contacts. This used to work but the latest update disabled this feature. Verizon support refers to it as they "fixed" it. Not from my perspective. What was working and useful is now broken. Please fix it so that the custom message tones work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ No Longer Uses Custom Message Tones Defined in Contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon Messages + is constantly evolving, zorvek. I just checked the latest update and you can still customize your notification tones in Verizon Messages +. Here is how: Open a thread, click the Setting (three little on upper right) and choose Customize. Are you not seeing this option?

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Message+ No Longer Uses Custom Message Tones Defined in Contacts
zorvek
Enthusiast - Level 3

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. By "custom" I mean contact specific tones as when I add the "Message tone" field to a contact and then set it to a specific tone. I am telling the phone to play that specific tone when a message is received from that contact. It used to work before the last update and now it does not work.

It works with the native Android messaging app "Messages". It does not work with the "Message+" app. Please fix.

0 Likes