Lost the notifications icons on the lock page after latest update.
koondog76

I lost the notification icons on the top left hand corner of the lock screen page. Now it says verizon wireless. Do not like the big bar notifications on the phone. How do I get the icons back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost the notifications icons on the lock page after latest update.
Snn5
Legend

Is this on an S5?  If so, I believe that is the way it is and not alterable.

0 Likes
koondog76

Galaxy note edge. Verizon had to make the change since they replaced the icons with their name.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure your continued happiness with the device! I did review the device and do not notice an alternative after the update.

YosefT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's Lollipop - there are tons of "complaints" from folks on other carriers too - they don't like seeing the carrier's name instead of notification icons, at least until you unlock the phone.  Then the notifications appear.

See this discussion:  Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Must be a Samsung thing.  LG didn't do that.  Verizon Wireless stays under the clock and above the Owner Info.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo - so it's not just a Samsung thing.... Lollipop changed the way the notifications are displayed on the lock screen, it's either nothing, or big white rectangles that take up most of the screen (full width, and about a 1/2" high).  To see the smaller icons on the top left of the screen, you have to unlock the phone.

At least with the Turbo I can still wave my hand over the screen and see smaller icons, and tap those to see the notifications, as well as turning the phone on to the lock screen.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, guess I lucked out then.  I had only heard about this issue from Samsung users until now.  I've been fairly satisfied with my 5.0.2 thus far and looking forward to 5.1.1.  But, yes, I get the half inch rectangles on my lock screen as well, but I have no issues Identifying what types of notifications they are.  Plus, I can long-press to get more info.  Just my experience so far from LG.

0 Likes