Losing 3g and 4g
ashboz87

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. It has recently started dropping 3G and 4G signal randomly even when it's in an area where I get 3-4 bars. The bars are still on the display but the 3G or 4G disappear. This happens even when the phone is sitting in one place. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? The phone is still under warranty if there isn't an easy fix. I also have not been receiving all of the text messages that people send to me. It can't be because of the length of the message because it's often a five words or less text. I'm not sure if that's a related issue or something to do with Verizon's service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Losing 3g and 4g
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try resetting your SIM card, i.e., turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a minute or so, then reinsert the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and allow time for a fresh network connection to be established

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ashboz87,

We want you to be able to receive the service you deserve! Have you tried to remove and reinsert your SIM card? http://vz.to/S7Jf6p Also, please make sure your roaming features are turned on so you can receive the best signal possible. Settings>More Settings>Mobile Networks>Global Data Roaming Access>Allow access for all trips. Let us know it this helps.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jlcook1942
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue, just started today.  Phone was fine and now no 4G, I don't even get the bars, just nothing.  Removed and reinserted SIM card and checked my settings.  Still nothing.  I am at work where I have always had 4G and never had any issues. ashboz87   tikibar1

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try a new SIM card; they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store.

0 Likes