Looking for good family locator app
Catsnkites

We recently switched from Sprint, hoping for  fewer dropped calls and the ability to use our phones in our house, not just our driveway.

Previously, I used the Sprint Family locator service and I was happy with it. I could use my computer to look up where my kids were and I could set alerts ... the most used was a text I would receive if my daughter's phone was not at home 10 minutes after curfew. As far as accuracy, sometimes it was with-in 20 feet and sometimes with-in a mile or two ... don't know if that was Sprint, the phones, weather ... who knows. The cost was (is) $5.00 / month for the account.

Verizon's Family Locator is $10/month ... I've heard from different Verizon employees that the charge is per account ... so $10/month total ... or $10/per LINE .. so that would be $40/month for us. It seems to depend on who I talk to. One employee said it wasn't worth it and to just get a free Android App.  Reviews on-line have a high number of people saying it's only accurate to 5 miles ... no help when all of her friends live with-in a five mile radius ...

OK, so I looked in to the free apps. I can't find one that is A: accurate ... the one I stuck with for a bit STILL shows my daughter at church and we've been home for 2 hours .... B: has alerts like I'm used to ... send me a text when her phone isn't home 10 minutes after midnight.  ... and C: isn't alarmist ... Life360 also lists "sex offenders" ... sorry, but that guy down our street moved about 6 years ago..... and 😧 doesn't eat the battery.

Any thoughts? help?

BTW ... both of my daughters know I had the tracking on their phones, older even said she liked knowing that I could find her on her three hour drive home from school ... and I could see how far out she was without calling her while she was driving.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Looking for good family locator app
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you see this thread?

0 Likes
Catsnkites

I looked up the Accutrack and all I find is weather apps. It's weird because that post was less than two weeks ago!

The one I'm using ... which isn't accurate ... will let me set up an alert for when my daughter leaves or arrives at a location ... I don't need to know every single time she comes home or leaves home, I just want to know if she's there after 12:00 a.m.

I'll keep looking

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Seems it may be called Accutracking and no longer available via the Play Store ...   can you please confirm?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Sorry about that. I did just look and it is AccuTracking and not AccuTrack.

0 Likes
Catsnkites

Yep, not available ... Looks like i night have to try the Verizon one after all ... none of the others seem to work consistently and without scare tactics.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You can go directly to AccuTracking's website and downlod it from there and install from there. The only other one I have recently seen and am looking at to see which I like better is Family Locator directly from Play store. It is simple to set up and will track anyone that is signed up on their phone to a common account. There is a paid version that I believe does the Fence Tracking etc... For now though I still like AccuTracking

0 Likes