Lollipop
VAnhalen
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I roll back this upgrade, it totally broke my galaxy s5. It keeps over heating, battery life is horrible, no blocking mode for night privacy, no mute and a Verizon logo blocking my notification bar on my lock screen.  This update is a NIGHTMARE, what's up Verizon, no QA?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lollipop
stef7
Master - Level 2

If in your shoes, the first thing I would try would be performing a low-level cache clear. If that doesn't return proper device operation, then I would not be waiting for a patch/update. I would back up the content that you can't do without, make a note of important settings for email accounts, etc, and I would do a Factory Data Reset.

Other people here have performed an FDR and their phone worked properly afterwards... unfortunately not all people report success after an FDR.

There are other threads on this, and some have disabled Facebook or the Camera (?) and that helped. Others determined their devices got better after they manipulated Advanced WiFi settings.

Calling Samsung might be worth your time and effort however. They put the OTA together and were responsible for testing it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

You can't roll back this update, even doing a factory reset would not roll it back. Write to Samsung, Google and Verizon and let them know how you feel if you want, but I think the best thing to do is wait for a patch/update.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If in your shoes, the first thing I would try would be performing a low-level cache clear. If that doesn't return proper device operation, then I would not be waiting for a patch/update. I would back up the content that you can't do without, make a note of important settings for email accounts, etc, and I would do a Factory Data Reset.

Other people here have performed an FDR and their phone worked properly afterwards... unfortunately not all people report success after an FDR.

There are other threads on this, and some have disabled Facebook or the Camera (?) and that helped. Others determined their devices got better after they manipulated Advanced WiFi settings.

Calling Samsung might be worth your time and effort however. They put the OTA together and were responsible for testing it.

0 Likes