Lollipop upgrade for Insignia Flex 8 ?
citydweller
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there an upgrade to Lollipop coming for the Insignia Flex 8 tablet?  The tablet is pretty good overall, but there are issues with battery drain, bluetooth and file management that are specific to Kitkat that I'd really like to get past already.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lollipop upgrade for Insignia Flex 8 ?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

This made me crack a smile because all those problems you listed as being known on kitkat are exactly all the same problems people are on here about after they updated to lollipop.

Look under settings>battery and list the top few things and what % they are using.

0 Likes
citydweller
Enthusiast - Level 1

The bluetooth battery drain issue with Kitkat is recognized across dozens of Android devices. And indeed, when bluetooth is off my Flex 8 gets 6-8 hours of battery life in wifi mode, whereas with bluetooth on it gets about an hour and a half.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I read that as you typed it; battery drain, Bluetooth. It's good you've been able to pinpoint your battery drain issue. Have you gone in to delete the cache and data for the Bluetooth to see if that helps?

0 Likes
citydweller
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can do that, but I doubt it will matter. The very first time I used the bluetooth keyboard I'm typing on right now, the battery on the Flex 8 drained to critical in less than 40 minutes. Like I said, the bluetooth battery issue specific to Kitkat is documented across dozens of devices, and no fix to this "feature" was ever released for Kitkat.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I gotcha. Just figured you were here for some assistance. We don't know anymore than what you can Google about the update. Sadly.

citydweller
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was just hoping someone from Verizon knew about when they will update the tablet to Lollipop. The folks on the phone never know anything about this sort of thing.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Insignia/Best Buy is your best contact with that.  they have a community and contact info here About Insignia | The Insignia Story of Inspiration  and here  Contact Us | Insignia

0 Likes