Lollipop update
RedwineK
Enthusiast - Level 2

My preinstalled calender no longer works.  No sound, no pop up, no display.  Spent over an hour in chat with Samsung, gave them remote control of my phone and the couldn't figure it out either, said everything "SHOULD" work!  Well, it's not!  Calendar, phone now gets extremely hot when charging and it takes 3 times ad long to charge.  Any suggestions?  No Service Center near me and trying to avoid being phone less for a week.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lollipop update
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like you didn't save your events to the Google Calendar. When creating new events you should check the underneath of where you enter the name of the event and it if says phone, change it to your Gmail email address. This will back it up.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Did Samsung not suggest a factory reset?  i might try that if I had all those issues.

RedwineK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, it didn't help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi RedwineK!
I apologize for the inconvenience, let's see what's causing the problem!  Have you recently downloaded any new applications? After completely the factory reset, did you re add all of your existing applications?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
RedwineK
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a factory reset, got all info back except my Calendar!  Phone is not as hot and charge time is better.  Synced with Google, still can't  retrieve events.

0 Likes
RedwineK
Enthusiast - Level 2

And yes, I added previous apps.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like you didn't save your events to the Google Calendar. When creating new events you should check the underneath of where you enter the name of the event and it if says phone, change it to your Gmail email address. This will back it up.

RedwineK
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was exactly the problem!   thanks so much!