Lollipop update on Verizon LG g3 official rollout date
Fashionmaverick
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm just wondering when Verizon will rollout the lollipop update 5.0 o either 5.0.1 for my LG g3.  Maintaining my level of patience has become difficult.  It would be great to get a time to put my mind at ease along with other Vz customers.  Thx in advance

Labels (1)
Re: Lollipop update on Verizon LG g3 official rollout date
jayare
Contributor - Level 2

You likely won't know they've started rolling out any update until it hits your phone. Verizon really has no sense of transparency. If they did, they would keep us updated on where in the process everything is. As it is, we read random comments and stories across the web, but nothing from Big Red.

Also, as has been mentioned, it seems there are some issues with 5.0.1 (and possibly 5.0.2) that they cannot correct. My guess these would have to do with their bloatware, as there have been only a few mentions of problems from other carriers. That would leave 5.1 for a possible update. Since even LG hasn't commented on whether they will update this phone to that version, we have little hope that will happen. The G4 will come out soon, with 5.1 loaded, so at that point, we can't expect much from LG, and even far less from VZW. This phone, then, may be stuck on KitKat.

Fashionmaverick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tbh that's extremely sad.  Regardless of possible issues with the new lollipop update the LG g3 should receive it's update just like the other carriers.  I personally love the lollipop experience I have on my tablet. Since,  it's 5.0.2 update it's more fluid and runs faster w/out lag.  I want the same experience with my phone.

0 Likes
jayare
Contributor - Level 2

T-Mobile has announced that they will begin OTA for the G3 on Tuesday, 4/7. It will be interesting to see if VZW does the same thing, since they rolled it out on the G2 this past Tuesday. BTW, T-Mobile customers can update their G3 before Tuesday using an app downloaded on their computers, and connecting to it, directly from LG.

0 Likes
Mos948
Enthusiast - Level 2

The sad part is verizon updated the G2 before the G3 and now the note4 is being updated  like the ceo of verizon said they don't follow trends and do whatever they want and don't care if they lose customers

0 Likes
Re: Lollipop update on Verizon LG g3 official  rollout date
Snn5
Legend

The G2 was wildly popular across many carriers and came out at a time when a better phone was needed.  The G3 came along as a slight upgrade to a phone that was in its own rite, a larger upgrade at the time of its release.  Makes sense to stay ahead of the pack on that one.

0 Likes
Re: Lollipop update on Verizon LG g3 official  rollout date
Snn5
Legend

And, since Verizon disabled LG PC Suite, the manual method is a no go.

0 Likes