Re: Lg G3 update lollipop
ayala16

Seems like I'm moving on from verizon to att. Verizon takes too long for release the updates.. So sad

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You aren't missing anything, not with 5.0.2 anyway.  You want a new interface or you want freedom and control of your data use, this isn't the update you were looking for.  G3 users won't see much of a change.

0 Likes
NoblerZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's software issues with 4.4.2 on the g3, mainly camera and OK GOOGLE command can't live in harmony.  So yes, we are missing out on the update no matter what lollipops facade looks like, it's the stuff we don't see that we really need this update for..  All Verizon g3 users need the update just to get the phone working as advertised.  That's the real problem here.  I'm on my 3rd g3 at the moment bc the other two had horrible software issues right out the box.  Verizon SUCKS these days.

Snn5
Legend

Well, issues are arising of their own on the G2 update as we speak.  No update will ever go through flawlessly, that's for sure.

0 Likes
NoblerZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally get that.  On the other hand, have you seen the g3 commercials boasting it's camera and display?  The issue I just mentioned with ok google kills the camera, my first g3 's screen went out on me in the first couple weeks of having the phone..  this will be my last phone with these clowns.  I'm sure siri doesn't kill iPhone's camera.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I see the G3 finally winding down in promotion, the G2 is now not available on Verizon's site.  I have seen most issues with Google Voice and Advanced Calling more than anything lately.  The G3 still pulls a premium price.  But, there is a lot to say about the resale value of both right now.  To have 2 older flagships still getting 5.x, even Swappa.com has the G2 going for $250 and the G3 much higher.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't use OK Google any longer. At least not that it is available just by saying OK Google. I had an issue with OKG and call quality. I researched it and found that it was an update to the Google app from the play store. I rolled it back and had no issues. I saw a newer update and haven't had an issue since. I don't have Advanced calling enabled. Why? Because I will lose my ringback tones and more importantly nobody I talk to has a device compatible. So until VZW can keep ringback tones and give me HD voice with all calls I will not be using this setting.

Snn5
Legend

I have to remind people that they have ringback tones...they load one and 5 years later they have forgotten that they did, until I tell them it's too loud, quality is horrible, and their musical preferences have changed.

0 Likes