Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
B33
Legend

I'll go for the more Testing

Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
Martyjean
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really dislike it, heating up, apps crashing, slow. I want to go back to before the update.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea I understand the frustrations with these phones:  My sister n Law's phone went through similar issues she was about to go ape on it and wanted me to fix it which all could do was to Factory reset it which didn't really help it) and just before she was going to put it out of it's memory LG sent out an update which helped but the phone still wasn't like when she got it new..

These phones any more are such an important part to us all in how use them, and when there not running 100% heck even 90% percent it takes out any fun of using them..

Myrnarp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the upgrade my Galaxy s5 doesn't work as well. Freezes a lot, contact message that it isn't working, phone gets hot and get message that is slowing down. They removed the Blocking function that is great for those who don't want to be disturbed from a set time frame. However your alarm still worked. They need a fix asap. Hate lollipop for now.

Myrnarp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon what is going to happen since lollipop is not working. I regret getting the update please help us.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone to run smoothly Martyjean! I know it can be annoying when the phone runs slow and gets warm. When did you do the update? Have you installed new applications since then? I do know sometimes 3rd party applications can conflict with the update. Can you put on safe mode http://vz.to/16lcpp2 for 8 hours and tell me the results?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
afcc
Enthusiast - Level 2

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I had all the very same issues described above - extremely poor battery life, overheating, etc. and I have now fixed them after 2 weeks of use. Here is what I did:

1. System Cache Flush (no need to do a factory reset). Follow instructions on how to do this (very easy).
  2. Go to Google Play App and continually try updating all apps - do this several times a day for at least a week or more. The phone may get hot while doing this but it is normal.
  3. Flush system cache again.
  4. Try updating apps again.
  5. Flush system cache again.
  6. Uninstall Facebook - YES - huge battery drain. Instead, put an icon on your home page for the mobile site - it is about the same and does not drain the battery. No need to uninstall FB messenger app as this does not cause a drain.

The above steps have now restored my phone to pre-lollipop usability and performance. I think it is a combination that many apps are updating and so it is necessary to keep up with the update process, the system cache flushing (more than once) and getting rid of the FB app until it behaves better. I may try to re-install FB to see what happens, but for now the FB icon on my home screen going to the Mobile site (through Chrome) rather than the FB app is making my life much better. Hope this helps.

Martyjean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did the update the first of February, have not installed any new apps, phone is exactly as it was before the update. I regret doing the update, loved the s5 before it, is there anyway of going back to kit kat? I will try the safe mode and see if anything is different.

0 Likes
tbartman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having SERIOUS battery issues after going to 5.0 on my S5.  I did the Wipe Cache and it didn't help.  I found somewhere a suggestion to clear the cache from Google Play Services, that didn't help either.  I did notice one thing this morning though.

What I've noticed is that if I closed all apps, then unplugged the fully charged phone, and did NOTHING with it, I was losing about 20% per hour.  This morning I had to shovel the driveway before going to the store, so I set the phone in my car in the garage.  After an hour of shoveling I only lost about 5% (which is more like normal) so I thought maybe the problem had gone away!  Then I drove to the store and back, and in the 40 minutes (still not doing anything with the phone but letting it sit there) it drained 18%!  The problem didn't happen until I left home.  After I got home I sat in the kitchen and watched the battery indicator go 77%-76%-75% all the way to 72% dropping 1% every minute or so.  It dropped 5% in 5 minutes. 

So why did it not start draining quickly until I left home?  And why didn't it stop once I returned?  Could it have something to do with WiFi, or signal (although I have great signal everywhere near me), or something like that?

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Yes it's very possible that your signal levels were changing as your data stream went from tower to tower. Your phone was looking for a tower signal lock as is normal. Your apps also play a big part in your battery life cycle as you found out. I think in your case the battery level started curving down and reach the point of rapid discharge with the added S5/5.0 problems. One thing to try is shutting down the camera app and re-doing the system cache clear as this is a known issue along with outdated apps and Wi-Fi use..

0 Likes