Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
bkimjoy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have so many issues with heat and phone lagging and freezing up and yeah also battery draining much faster than before

Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Try this as an emergency patch, go to settings and locate your camera app and Shut the app down and stop it from running. Over the next 24 hours your battery should settle down. please keep me posted, thank you.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DMorenoone1234

I do apologize for all that you've been through. I want to make sure you have a phone that is working properly at all time. I am glad that you were able to receive a replacement phone that was able to resolve this issue. However, there is no way for us to stop the update from transmitting over to your phone to update. I would suggest to dismiss the update in the meant time, but this might cause additional issues if the update is not done with technology evolving everyday.

JorgeO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

DMorenoone1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, unfortunately for me those words were not as comforting as I thought

they would be. I don't understand why you would think that technology is

evolving and I would be left behind because I didn't update to lollipop.

Seems a bit ridiculous because there are a lot of mid range and low range

phones that are not going to be updated to lollipop that are being

mass-produced to this day and they will probably work just fine without

lollipop chances are they probably won't even get lollipop. As for my

phone. Being that its a galaxy s5. A high end flagship for Samsung. The

processors everything else the KitKat 4.4. You guys out at Verizon have

this misconception that the update you guys pushed out to all the phones is

flawless. What you guys need to do is get your techs together and find out

what's going? Identify if there's any validation to all these claims that

the phone is acting up, its bogging down, is slow, battery drainage. that's

what you guys need to do it seems to me that you guys are just failing to

identify the problem and just saying, "eh its okay." I don't understand

why you would say that you guys have you guys as being verizon have

absolutely no power to stop the update you do you guys are just playing

stupid and don't want to do a thing about it. And another thing us as

Verizon customers who have purchased the phone should have a say as to if

we want the update or not.. It's our phone to begin with.. My phone

doesn't belong to Verizon. It's mine. I paid for it.

On Feb 16, 2015 9:34 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

ajrubin1
Enthusiast - Level 1

if this is evolving technology, we're all in big trouble

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Evelbodevil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Camera app, are you kidding me?

0 Likes
Evelbodevil
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had some luck running on ultra power saving mode.  I can at least make the mad dash between USB charging cables.  

stef7
Master - Level 2

You would think the carrier would have the power to cancel an OTA, specially once they see significant numbers of people reporting problems, some even after performing an FDR.

But, maybe they don't.

There's even reports of the new software being incompatible with Samsung's own cover accessory. Now how does that happen if the OEM prepares the OTA, and beta-tests it? Their own accessory?

What needs to happen is much much more extensive testing, much more time between releases (the update cycle needs to slow down) There needs to be more accountability / interface between test teams on the carrier and OEM side, and I'll write it: MANDATED participation of the test team members from both the carrier and OEM actively participating on these forums (rediculous to assume peer-to-peer support is sufficient)....

There needs to be more flexibility in the OS to more conveniently defer updates until a person NEEDs to take an update, and...

For people using Android to adopt a more "late-adopter" preference.

Oh yeah, I think there should be some additional customer-protection legislation here as well.

Klue
Master - Level 1

What should happen is the customer should have the choice of whether or not to update their phones to the latest OS. Running the latest OS is not a requirement to get good phone reception and service out of the Verizon network. Most people upgrade their phones every two years or so and the new phones will usually come with the latest OS already installed.

I've had my S4 for almost 2 years and if I get Lollipop that will be update number 4, way to many if you ask me.  I also have a smart phone running Gingerbread that works perfectly well, a little shower than the newest out there, but then I don't need the latest and greatest.

The point is that people should have the ability to opt out of any OS update if they don't want it. If I had that choice Lollipop would never see the light of day on my S4, as there is nothing in Lollipop that I really need, and my S4 will continue to operate extremely well without it.

Martyjean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the update, phone gets hot a lot, runs slow, programs end. I like the new look, but please fix it.

0 Likes