Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

One thing I learned years ago was don't rush to be the first to update and be careful what you wish for. Let's hope Google get an update out soon.

0 Likes
Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
SCvol81
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually thought the response was a little snappier w/5.0.  BUT, my battery life has gone down the tubes.  I don't know if its an app or the update, but my battery life is 40% or less of what it was before the update. 

I've wiped the cache multiple times, but no resolution.  It needs to be fixed.

BobD1001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well its now been five days since updating, and it seems that the OS has leveled out with my phone. Battery life is now at least even with the OS pre-update, possibly even better. My phone does however still seem sluggish compared to previously, not sure why this is but hopefully updates will come which fix such issues.

0 Likes
metroops

Well aside from battery draining much faster I've also had to do a few battery pulls cuz my phone froze up i get a lot of lag and some black screens also email at times wont even load  since this update prior to it i hadnt had a single freeze or any issues with my phone. Terrible update the y need to update the update fast.

0 Likes
DMorenoone1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

I updated my gs5 to 5.0 Tuesday Feb 3rd. 

Immediately noticed that the auto display was extremely dim in low lighting.  More dim then the galaxy s4.  Id say, before the update, I noticed that no matter how bright or how dark it was outside, the auto brightness adjusted very well.  Not so much with the new lollypop update.  That's a big issue for me

Secondly, I noticed that the battery life his horrible.  On a normals charge on kit kat I'd get close to a day and a half, maybe more..  On lollypop, I'd get 7 hours...  And this was with moderate use and connected to my moto 360.    I also noticed that on lollipop, my moto 360 would use up more battery.. 

Another issue that I found was while the screen was on, the IR fingerprint sensor would activate...

All actions on the ui were very sluggish.  I'd have to wait a good 2-3 seconds for  multitasking to come up after I presses the botton. 

I called Verizon last week to see if I could revert back to kit kat and they said they couldn't help me

However they put me through to Samsung and they also told me they couldn't revert my phone back to kit kat

Samsung rep told me to go to a Samsung Galaxy experience both (at best buy) and see if one of the techs could help me by tweaking the phone to solve my phone's issues. 

I never went.  So Tuesday I called Verizon again and spoke to a tech..  Verizon tech, said that they have not heard of anyone having my above mentioned problems...... Amazing!!   Since if these techs are clueless.    So the Verizon rep sent me a replacement phone...  Luckily the replacement phone came with kit kat out of the box..  It just felt great to be back on kit kat...  Until yesterday..  I started receiving notifications on my phone that I had an update waiting (kit kat). Well there is no way to dismiss it completely.  So I called Verizon...   And spoke to a tech, again...  And she said, there is no way to avoid the update...  She said the update was Samsung's doing...    At that point I knew she was full of crap...  And I told her that..  Samsung gets the 5.0 source code from Google and tweaks it to work for their phones and ones it's certified to work on their phones, it's then sent to Verizon and they test it out and it sits on their lap until they decide to push it over the air..  So they have complete control over the over the air updates.

DMorenoone1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

I updated my gs5 to 5.0 Tuesday Feb 3rd. 

Immediately noticed that the auto display was extremely dim in low lighting.  More dim then the galaxy s4.  Id say, before the update, I noticed that no matter how bright or how dark it was outside, the auto brightness adjusted very well.  Not so much with the new lollypop update.  That's a big issue for me

Secondly, I noticed that the battery life his horrible.  On a normals charge on kit kat I'd get close to a day and a half, maybe more..  On lollypop, I'd get 7 hours...  And this was with moderate use and connected to my moto 360.    I also noticed that on lollipop, my moto 360 would use up more battery.. 

Another issue that I found was while the screen was on, the IR fingerprint sensor would activate...

All actions on the ui were very sluggish.  I'd have to wait a good 2-3 seconds for  multitasking to come up after I presses the botton. 

I called Verizon last week to see if I could revert back to kit kat and they said they couldn't help me

However they put me through to Samsung and they also told me they couldn't revert my phone back to kit kat

Samsung rep told me to go to a Samsung Galaxy experience both (at best buy) and see if one of the techs could help me by tweaking the phone to solve my phone's issues. 

I never went.  So Tuesday I called Verizon again and spoke to a tech..  Verizon tech, said that they have not heard of anyone having my above mentioned problems...... Amazing!!   Since if these techs are clueless.    So the Verizon rep sent me a replacement phone...  Luckily the replacement phone came with kit kat out of the box..  It just felt great to be back on kit kat...  Until yesterday..  I started receiving notifications on my phone that I had an update waiting (kit kat). Well there is no way to dismiss it completely.  So I called Verizon...   And spoke to a tech, again...  And she said, there is no way to avoid the update...  She said the update was Samsung's doing...    At that point I knew she was full of crap...  And I told her that..  Samsung gets the 5.0 source code from Google and tweaks it to work for their phones and ones it's certified to work on their phones, it's then sent to Verizon and they test it out and it sits on their lap until they decide to push it over the air..  So they have complete control over the over the air updates.

frankj864
Enthusiast - Level 1

Shouldn't have to do any of that. I have an eight hundred dollar phone and would be better off with a twenty dollar throwaway. This should have been tested before release, but now that we have trusted Verizon and downloaded it, you should be creating a patch to take us back to the old version or fixing the new one. After the update my GS5 could not hold a wifi connection which caused a major battery drain because it kept trying to reconnect so I had to turn wifi off then data usage went way up, then I turned off location services, probably have to turn off email next just to keep the data and battery usage normal.  Really starting to regret switching to Verizon

DMorenoone1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is why I don't want to upgrade to 5.0 again... I've been off the

charger since 5:30 am and I'm at 91% . I'm gonna see if I can root it and

possibly freeze these update notifications from coming to my phone.

wjr12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since updating to lollipop battery drains within 2 hours. Internet slow sporadic phone freezes up. Lose Internet connection for ni reason. Makes me ready to give up on Verizon and switch to another carrier

DMorenoone1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your not alone. After the update, I seriously considered going back to my

HTC DNA