Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
ajrubin1
Enthusiast - Level 1

After going to best buy Samsung booth where they were unable to fix lollipop issues, Verizon sent me a s5 kit Kat replacement.  I suspect that will be happening quite a bit

Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
Jaman88
Enthusiast - Level 2

New update is terrible. I knew something was up when it locked up on the Verizon screen at the first reboot screen after the update. Phone is slow, freezes, runs hot, battery terrible. If I use a standard micro USB charger, the battery looses power faster than the charger can charge. I wish I could go back.

I have to turn off my phone and charge it so it doesn't run down faster than a charger will charge it.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I think most S5 owners if given a chance would gladly go back to Kit Kat. There are some S5 phone owner's that had little or no reported problems after doing the download, but from reading the forum the number is small. Battery use , camera always on , wi-fi are all very wide spread issues.  thanks for posting   Smiley Happy

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I suspect that will be the case if a 100% working update is not release very very soon. Glad you now have a working phone again.   thanks for posting

0 Likes
bsiefkes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list. I've wiped the cache and all that.  Phone is hot and you can watch the battery drain.  The culprit is android os according to the battery setting button.  I shouldn't have to factory reset my phone after a public release for a problem so many people are seeing.  I wish Verizon would 1. Admit there is a problem and 2. Tell us what they're going to do about it.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I have three member is my family that have the S5's and all have installed Lollypop and they have not had any problems. I would say there is nothing wrong with the update. The update is conflicting with some software that is installed. It would be interesting to know what software commonality there is between two or more phones that are having the same problems.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

The very first download release of 5.0 (not to Verizon) was known by Google to have some issues with high current battery draw (camera on related) and a couple other possible bugs. This release was later corrected by Google ,and then re-released once more. The Verizon S5 push download had been soak tested and cleared for a push download by VZW. So I agree to a large point with you on the base OS being more or less stable at that point. So yes it would follow that certain apps were not ready for 5.0 . I also have wanted to do the same as you and run a common baseline app and problem test as this would be very helpful to all of us. Perhaps our follow forum members will help out on doing this.  Thanks Klue for your reply.

0 Likes
cruisencode
Enthusiast - Level 3

I figured I would check back in.  I did a FDR on my phone the other night.  The phone ran much better afterward and the battery seemed to be about the same as before the upgrade.  Unfortunately, my battery is now draining quickly again.  It's not as bad as before the FDR, but it's much worse than before the upgrade.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Your battery should given time return to a more normal life cycle. I would also run this phone in a safe mode to test for possible app problems as this could be causing that battery draining. keep us updated

0 Likes
MrMP
Enthusiast - Level 3

Upgraded to 5.0 last night, and having all the same troubles everyone else is reporting: Runs hot, battery good maybe three hours, laggy and slow, goes into cooling mode regularly.

I wish I'd read the forums before upgrading. 😞

0 Likes