Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

From reading the Verizon forum and some blogs, Verizon customer's may have a headache or with S5 and dare I say it...Android 5.0.  What is you story, big problem or just what you wanted? Keep it short or go into details but please only proven facts..no I think, could be or maybe.  So what's your true story to tell after the first wave of updating? I think this could help all of us on the forum, Verizon and Google to build a better system together.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
Jilldiny
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is so slow now it is unreal. Definitely wish I had not updated.

Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I have been looking at forum reports, blogs etc, for over 12 hours and it's becoming a MAJOR S5 customer problem . Verizon needs to stop forcing this update ASAP and not a minute later. Is no one awake at Big Red to see this go down. Some customer have no phone service at all, battery life reports of less then 50% in three hours or less. Customers won't and can't wait for 5.1 to come, and even then Google is still having issues with that. This update was DOA and the S5 family will be to.  WAKE UP VERIZON SUPERVISOR, MANAGERS and IT DOWNLOAD supervisors and stop the madness.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure that your experience with Lollipop is a good one, AHOFLASH. After an update, it is usually recommend to back up your data, and perform a hard reset to make sure everything runs optimally. Let's not go there yet though. Have you tried Wiping the Cache Partition? This can be done by following these steps: http://vz.to/1xnYfKt

When you reach Step 4 - Dont Choose Wipe data/Factory Reset - Please choose Wipe Cache Partition, then reboot once its done.

Let us know if you notice a difference with system performance.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jocask
Enthusiast - Level 1

Battery drain is significantly faster on 5.0 - I have lost 20% in about 45 minutes without accessing high-use applications or functions. I am constantly checking applications to close anything that's open yet I still have much faster drain. Help!

RobertYoung
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your s5 still laggy and draining battery even after hard reset and clearing cache? Mine is horrible! Reading forums on Internet about these issues. Hope they push out 5.0.2 ASAP!!!

Jilldiny
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I tried all, but ended up doing a factory reset.  It greatly improved the performance, but still lags compared to 4.

0 Likes
RobertYoung
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've done hard reset and cleared cache still laggy as heck and battery really dropping fast. You get any other resolutions from VZW yet?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

download & install of both parts to lock-screen was 30 min & completed when the upgrade was available the 2nd..

music, pics & a few apps on sd have "0" issues, internet's fast & battery life's the same.

i don't like the white background in several places & that's the only negative comment i have about the 5.0 update.

i made a post a few min after the install shortly after the install completed & i checked several functions mentioning the same things i said in this post.

perhaps i have no issues because i don't have a bunch of worthless apps that continually update, drawing on the battery.

Kropf

I had "issues" updating to lollipop. Not sure what the problems were exactly but my phone got really hot. Part 2 didn't want to appear but awhile later I was able to access it by manually checking for update again. Later after the update and reboot, my home screen came up for a few seconds then disappeared! All I was left with is my wallpaper. In the end I ended up with a factory reset.

Overall I really am liking lollipop. I am not a fan of the white themes. I prefer dark.

Battery life hmmm,  hard to tell. 2nd day in I think it's not as good but not way off. However I have experience with this type of thing and I won't get excited till 2 or 3 weeks go by to make an accurate judgment as my experience is it takes time for things to settle down.

0 Likes