LG Vortex will not reconnect to 3G network.
Knights1030

I just received my 2nd LG Vortex. The first one had the same problem. When I go into my house, I lose reception. When I leave my house I have full bars, but 3G will not connect unless I restart my phone. I have researched this and can't seem to find an answer. I have reset each phone, tried airplane mode, and updated roaming capabilities. I have checked all of my settings and the seem to be correct. Under wireless & networks settings I have Wi-Fi off, under mobile networks I have data enabled, under network mode I have Digital only Hybrid and under System select I have Automatic set. I have Global Data Roaming enabled and the Allow Access  set to For all Trips. Any other ideas would be great. I like the phone I just wish I wasn't having this problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Vortex will not reconnect to 3G network.
WinstonPike

This is almost the same problem I'm having and it started almost the same day as your post date (7/23/12).

Everything works except for making and receiving calls. Anything dealing with the 3G is a no-go.

You're not in the mid-western part of Georgia; are you?

When I called the *8899 number, the tech had me go through everything and everything was set as it should be. He even had me toggle the Airplane mode a few times but that didn't work either. (though he did mention that he could see my phone trying on his end) He finally did a refresh on his end and it started working. That lasted for about 5 days. When I reset my phone, the 3G was gone again.

I guess I'll have to call *8899 again.

Winston

0 Likes
Re: LG Vortex will not reconnect to 3G network.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Knights1030,

I apologize for the delayed response and I am here to help! Where are you located zip code? Is this your first VZW device?  Do you have the same applications on both devices? Based on you description you only experience in your home, we are unable to guarantee indoor coverage. And please be aware that even within your Coverage Area, many things can affect the availability and quality of your Service, including network capacity, your device, terrain, buildings, foliage and weather. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your involvement in our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes