LG V20 voice reception
95wrangleryj

First let me state I love my V20. It's a powerful devise. I can do anything my laptop can do, and I'd rather listen to the sound system in it than my large amplifier and CD player. But it's like the old joke/insult. My phone will do everything but make calls.

I'd also like to say I'm a looong time Verizon customer and the folks have never been anything but helpful and nice. My bill is money well spent.

While at home my calls are dropped constantly. I'm so tired of hearing those three little descending notes as my phone goes dead, and one of these days I'm going to miss an important call or have an emergency.

I've read multiple threads here, some of which are contradictory. I get 4-4G bars on my phone. Does these bars have anything to do with voice signal, or are they data strength only? When I check on my signal strength in settings I'm getting -104. Obviously I'm living at the bottom of a well, except I'm getting 4 bars and I couldn't ask for better data, txting and email, but voice is sporadic.

At this point I'd happly buy a signal booster or range extender, but I don't want to pull out $hundreds just to have the same problems and I'd really like to keep this model phone with the replaceable battery and expandable memory.

Comments?  Helpful suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V20 voice reception
adamb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Being able to place and receive calls on your device is very important and we do want to make sure that everything is working like it should for you, 95wrangleryj.  The signal strength you indicated seems pretty good as I normally see issues once the signal drops to -116dBm or less.  If the signal is fluctuating, then that can cause some dropped calls.  The great thing about the LG V20 device is that you can avoid getting a Network Extender because that device supports Wi-Fi calling.  If you have a high speed internet connection at home and Wi-Fi, you can enable Wi-Fi calling and this should help greatly with the dropped calls.  Here is a link on how to enable Wi-Fi calling: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-201649/.  If you’re having a hard time enabling the feature, you would want to try enabling it with the Wi-Fi turned off as the feature has to be activated while on the cellular data network.  Once the feature is activated, you can turn Wi-Fi back on and it should help greatly.

AdamB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes