LG V10 marshmallow update...status?
_SupDroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there any word on when the V10 will be updated to Marshmallow? Will it update to 6.0.1, instead? Is either one upcoming?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG V10 marshmallow update...status?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the latest software available is always a priority for us too, SupDroid. While we do not have any information about when the next software update will be pushed to any device (including the LG V10), please be assured that we’ll forward it to all devices as soon as it is ready.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheRealDub
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just about to ask this same thing! I read an article in Android Central that implied the updates to the V10 and G4 were already here...but I don't know if "HERE" means in the US and on the Verizon network specifically!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the latest software available is always a priority for us too, SupDroid. While we do not have any information about when the next software update will be pushed to any device (including the LG V10), please be assured that we’ll forward it to all devices as soon as it is ready.

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
_SupDroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

This doesn't give us an answer. Is there any timeline involving the V10? Is there a geographical plan on when those in the US are going to get an update? Google is already putting out hints of a version N. How far back will V10 be left in the dust? Also, but for the one "security?" update back in November, I have yet to see any of the "
monthly security updates that were supposed to be coming to all of our devices. Is there any plan for those to be routinely scheduled from Verizon? Just thoughts on paper...to voicing to others. A more definitive reply to these questions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
_SupDroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you heard or read anything further?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

T mobiles G4 already has 6.0. As of yesterday. Maybe Verizon will update soon.  The v10 shouldn't be far behind at that point.

0 Likes
meeeser

Check for System Updates on your phone BUT don't do it!

I am in the middle of the download and it is a mess. Now that I see the problems I see lots of talk online when I searched for

LG G4 Verizon update 6.0 hangs

I expect trouble. If I get a chance I will go to my internal memory and move everything to the external SD card. Then I'll do the full Factory Data reset and start over.That may be the way to do this update but the problems are diverse enough that I have told my daughter to avoid the update - i wish I could.

0 Likes
meeeser

Check for System Updates on your phone BUT don't do it!

I am in the middle of the download and it is a mess. Now that I see the problems I see lots of talk online when I searched for

LG G4 Verizon update 6.0 hangs

I expect trouble. If I get a chance I will go to my internal memory and move everything to the external SD card. Then I'll do the full Factory Data reset and start over.That may be the way to do this update but the problems are diverse enough that I have told my daughter to avoid the update - i wish I could.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the latest software should be simple, meeeser. I am horrified you are having issues getting the software update installed. Let's figure it out together and get you up to date. What seems to be going on while updating? Any error messages?

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Meeeser, we understand it's important to be able to update your phone to the latest software. I'm glad to help today. Have you been able to complete the update and it is not working? Or is it causing the phone to freeze or otherwise not work correctly?
JosephT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes