LG V10 battery drain issues
cp3296

Good evening. I just got my new phone lg v10 today. Upgraded from a galaxy s5. There are some serious battery drain issues going on with my new phone. I can literally watch the battery drain at a rate of approximately 1% every 2-5 minutes. I have disabled apps I'm not using, I have turned down the screen brightness, I have followed all the shortcuts and recommendations that were on the main verizon tip page for batteries. Has anyone else had this issue? I am completely disappointed in my choice of upgrade if this is going to be my life...living tethered to a charger. Does anyone have any other tips that aren't on the main page that may help? This phone is less than 6 hours new, and I don't really feel should be having these issues. Hoping someone has some suggestions and can help!!! Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V10 battery drain issues
mama23dogs
Legend

This would be the phone that orginally was sold with a spare battery?   And the G5 was also?

THats a sure sign the phone eats power like I eat chips.

YOu still have the option to return and pay the restock fee and get another phone. 

0 Likes
Re: LG V10 battery drain issues
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I love my V10 and yes. I do feel like it does consume battery pretty quickly on Marshmallow compared to Lollipop. With the quick charge feature and the spare battery I don't see an issue. Though, most days I do go through 2 whole charges from around 7AM to Midnight. That is a 17 hour period. I have mine set on Auto Brightness and I do get around 3 hours Screen On Time for a single charge. Sometimes you have to remove the battery for about 60 seconds and then restart and then it is good. I really do think its is a Marshmallow issue. Try a factory reset because that helped me after the upgrade. Look in your battery usage and see what it taking up the resources. Honestly though, with quick charge. it takes around 45 minutes to go from 20% to 100%. Also, don't use the Clear All Apps function that often. All that doers is completely kill your apps and wastes battery when you open them.

0 Likes