Re: LG V10 Boot loop issue?
tiffmeg87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have owned a V10 since Jan 2016 and this is the first I am hearing about the bootloop issue.....of course, because it just happened to me. I just replaced my old one under Asurion warranty back in March because mine was stolen at work. After reading reviews and realizing there is no fix, I called LG to see about repair. In doing so, I had to check receipts from replacement from Asurion. Behold, Asurion has 12 month warranty for phones disbursed. LG recommended contacting them, so I did. They filed the claim then and there and my new phone will be here Tuesday, free of charge. Thank goodness! I love the LG V10, but I wasn't about to pay for another one in just a few months time. Hoping the next one will last longer. 2017 has been a bad year for me and cell phones.

STRUMTOPRAISE

My daughter's phone did this.  I contacted LG.  They placed it under warranty with no cost to me other than the envelope I purchased to mail it to them in.  I would highly suggest contacting LG.

0 Likes
Hamdroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I used the "tighten up the loose wifi chip [which is what usually causes the issue] with a piece of paper or credit card" as shown on youtube on my LG G3, which I guess is too old for LG to acknowledge.  It also involves taking off the back of the case, so not a thing to do if you're under warranty.  It worked for me for about 2 weeks now my phone's flaking out again.  Will probably disasemble it and try again, and if that doesn't work, give up and replace it.

0 Likes
MBergeron16
Enthusiast - Level 1

LG V20 also does it.

0 Likes
iclay8864

I had the exact same issue. A new battery cleared it right up. I didn't have to replace the phone.

0 Likes
HOMERFISH74

My V10 just started this boot loop last night, 12/28.  I contacted LG via chat this morning, 12/29, & I know my phone is at 14 months old so out of warranty.  LG is repairing the V10 phones out of warranty, if you have the boot loop issue, free of charge.  They are following the standard return policy for warranty repairs:  submit the request through Request a Repair & have your phone/purchase info handy to submit also.  Prepaid shipping label included & a turnaround time of about 2 weeks.  Hope this helps someone. 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

That's great information.

What LG should do is fix the root cause on these devices as every model since the G4 (G5, G6, V10, V20 and V30) have experienced this issue.

0 Likes
JOEHELENDETROIT

We just had this problem and as a result of the treatment from the Verizon store I will shop elsewhere in the future.   The reality is LG was forced via a lawsuit to admit they messed up with the design and they extended the warranty from the original 12 months to 30 months.  The Verizon "company owned store" that I have shopped at for the past 20+ years told me that without an extended warranty there was nothing they could do.  They then went on to sell me a new phone.   Now I am not saying they have a legal obligation to tell me about what has happened with regards to the lawsuit, but if they want me as a customer they need to do more than an internet seller might do for me.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes