LG Lucid Software Update Status Failed Update Reason Code 412?
Nina425

i Have a LG Lucid i was checking the software update to if there was any available so i clicked on check for updates the message box popped up with

<No update available> and details inside the box said

device is up to date

current version info

firmware version: VS840ZV8

Android System Image: 4.0.4

But then when i clicked on info right underneath check for updates a box popped up with

<Info> and inside box it says

Firmware Version:VS840ZV8

Source: Verizon Wireless

Update Status: Failed Update

Last Activity at 03:20:11 31 Aug 2013 PDT

Reason Code: 412

Software Update Version: 6.3.0_B7

Does anybody have any idea what this could mean or has anybody else seen this before?

ive searched all over lg lucid forums and support ive tried all the troubleshooting threw the verizon wireless website

and im still getting the same info the only thing i have not done is a hard reset. Im trying to avoid having to do so.

If anyone has any info let me know

thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Lucid Software Update Status Failed Update Reason Code 412?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having the latest software Nina425! Please be assured your LG Lucid is up to date. Was there something specific we can help you with on your device?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Nina425

Yes there is something you can help me with i would like to know why i am receiving the failed update message. I understand and am sure that my device is up to date with the latest software however once again i would like to know why my phone is saying what i quoted in the initial post. Is there some way to get rid of it or make it go away obviously u can see how that would be annoying. It states that its trying to update my phone and that it failed. So if somebody has some knowledgable input on how it is i can fix this please let me know. Thank you

0 Likes
LG Lucid Software Update Status Failed Update Reason Code 412?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I'm not sure of what the current update for the Lucid is, but that normally indicates that the device is up to date.  You might want to do some research on that.  Not sure why you would get an update failed message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be annoyed also Nina425. How are you receiving this message? Is this only when you try a update your phone or is it randomly? What software is on your phone?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
garyVestal
Contributor - Level 1

<model>LGVS840</model>

<swversion>VS840ZV8_05</swversion>

<buyer>VRZ</buyer>

<region>North America</region>

<country>US/United States</country>

<sms_message></sms_message>

<chip_type>QCT</chip_type>

<prod_type>CDMA</prod_type>

The current software update for LG VS840 is "VS840ZV8"

Have you ever try the "verizon wireless software update assistant"?

0 Likes