LG Lucid Firmware Update VS840ZV8 Issue
VZWLGAPL

Ever since I updated my Lucid with VS840ZV8 but still is on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, a red border randomly pops ups and would temporarily freeze the screen. The border would also appear when in the camera, gallery, messages, settings, after unlocking the phone, and more.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Lucid Firmware Update VS840ZV8 Issue
Not applicable

Maybe you need to shut down the phone and remove the battery then out the battery back in and restart the phone. We have 2 Lucids with this update and don't have this issue.

0 Likes
VZWLGAPL

Thank you for the suggestion, but it did not make a change.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Try removing the SIM card then reinserting it. In the end you may have to do a factory reset.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the developer options.  That red border is one.  Try turning the developer options off.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have a Lucid and I've looked under developer options and I do not see an option for a red border.

0 Likes
VZWLGAPL

This is quite illogical, but as of right now it seem the Lucid "fixed itself". I do assume it was due I following mrhandy's instruction to remove the battery and power it back on at a late effect, though. Strange it did not cause effect on June 17th but instead the 19th. Thank you to everyone who suggested a suggestion.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely not how a software update should work VZWLGAPL. So sorry you had to deal with this issue after your update. Are you using a third party messaging or picture application? It may not be compatible with the new software. Glad all is working now. In the future definitely try power cycling, SIM card removal, removing problematic apps and if you continue to have issues a hard reset helps after large updates.

Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @Vzwsupport

0 Likes
VZWLGAPL

I wasn't using a third party messaging or picture application, but I did want the respondents to see what red border I was speaking of, so I took a screenshot when the red border was stable.

0 Likes