Re: LG Intuition upgrade today...app issues, failure notifications constantly, Google Play broken, missing widgets...etc PLEASE FIX!!!
Intuitionlost
Enthusiast - Level 1
  • Okay its like some people have said go to http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-LGVS950
  • from there click on the Software Update & Drivers install like it walks you through
  • from there plug in your phone and then wait just about 30 seconds
  • after that go to the top of that mini screen and click Customer Support
  • go to the bottom of that to recovery phone and hit it
  • From there you have to put in your phones IMEI
  • Home
  • settings
  • about phone
  • phone identity
  • 5th one done
  • from there you are walked through and it takes about 45 mins to restart your phone and bam you have all your old stuff and a phone thats working better then any other phone out there

sorry to all thoughts that have got new phones and started all over or who have let this major screw up really effect them. seems like the stores were no help and almost cost me more damage to doing a hard reset

0 Likes
Re: LG Intuition upgrade today...app issues, failure notifications constantly, Google Play broken, missing widgets...etc  PLEASE FIX!!!
OnTheRoadGirl

<Duplicate post deleted for cross posting violations per .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: LG Intuition upgrade today...app issues, failure notifications constantly, Google Play broken, missing widgets...etc PLEASE FIX!!!
Bogdan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear 

"From there you have to put in your phones IMEI".

well if usb communication to your phone is not right, the IMEI is not populated automatically, and all procedure will not work.

Solve the communication first.

I posted steps to put your phone in "Modem" setting in my previous posting.

0 Likes
Bogdan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear ,

Connect phone using usb cable from charger.

go to Setting > Connectivity > USB connection type > Internet connection

Select option "Modem"

Then start installed on your PC  "LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL" .

On "LG Mobile Support Tools" selecting "Customer Suport" from top menu then "Update History".

After getting your phone recognized  proceeded   as (Anmanwar) described:

"DO NOT CLICK UPDATE AS

IT WILL DO NOTHING! Instead you need to go to the customer support tab at top

and click on recovery phone."

0 Likes
Anmanwar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, this is Anmanwar...I didn't post any kind of repair or fix for this device! Someone else did! I had to return mine to verizon and accept a certified like new device. Sorry...not me, please review the posts and see who sent you the fix. Wasn't me! Anmanwar

LG and Verizon, Please Learn. I have asked you for solution since March 4. The user (Anmanwar) deserve credit.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates should only increase performance cltyler77! It sounds like your apps are conflicting with the latest OS. I recommend testing the device in safe mode. If the performance changes, I recommend removing all the third party apps and then readd them on an individual basis.

http://tiny.cc/0j8xtw

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
laurend_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

Just in case anyone missed the announcement or if anyone is still having issues with their LG Intuition, please follow the instructions below:

If your Intuition was impacted by the software update, you may take the following steps to recover your data. Recovery process may take 30-60 minutes depending on internet speed and your windows machine. For more information please visit www.verizonwireless.com/Intuitionsupport.

1. Plug-in your LG Intuition (VS950) to a PC with internet connectivity
  2. When prompted for the user consent, accept to proceed with SUA tool installation
  3. Once the tool is installed, click on the tool icon in the system tray of your windows machine.
  4. Click the Upgrade button to recover your device

This software update is no longer being sent. If your Intuition was impacted and you were issued a replacement device, your device will not be updated again with the same software update.

0 Likes
k_g_spears
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems you have saved the day here, H3in707.  It seems Verizon may need to jump in sooner and quell the nerves, people are upset and customer care is needed. Alot of emotions and loss !! S-T-R-E-S-S-F-U-L !!

0 Likes
NanKouray
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a class action lawsuit against Verizon and LG?  I would like to join!  Keep getting replacement phones that really don't work as they should.  No cloud for pictures.

Please let me know.

Nan K

EddieF15

Im getting same issue with google apps. Has anyone gtten any resolution?

0 Likes