Re: LG Intuition upgrade today...app issues, failure notifications constantly, Google Play broken, missing widgets...etc PLEASE FIX!!!
Anmanwar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm glad you found a fix!  Yeah no way verizon tech support could handle this...when I called to get help manually setting up my AOL email with ongoing and outgoing servers the tech I got didn't even KNOW WHAT AOL WAS!!!   I quickly got off the phone with her!   They're so unknowledgable it's scary!!!

71. Re: LG Intuition upgrade today...app issues, failure notifications constantly, Google Play broken, missing widgets...etc  PLEASE FIX!!!

H3in707 Mar 7, 2013 9:33 PM (in response to cltyler77)

at last I have found a fix if you want to keep your

old phone and not void your warranty, first save and back up all your files on

your computer by connecting it to your computer. There are several files on how

to do this posted on these forms. After you have everything saved put your

phone in modem mode, and go to http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-VS950.

While on that page go to software update download the LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL

and install it. It will automatically find your phone, DO NOT CLICK UPDATE AS

IT WILL DO NOTHING! Instead you need to go to the customer support tab at top

and click on recovery phone. It will find your IMEI but click on check. This

will run for about 5 hours so have time to do so, but it installs the new

update the way it should have and you get full function of your phone back! So

much for LG and Verizon’s tech support

Report Abuse  Like (1)  Reply

Re: LG Intuition upgrade today...app issues, failure notifications constantly, Google Play broken, missing widgets...etc PLEASE FIX!!!
lablin

Thank you. It only took 1 hour 48 minutes to fix the phone using your way.

0 Likes
tonydar
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you so much I knew someone would finally find a solution besides the morons at Verizon. BTW it only took me about 45 minutes on DSL

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have anyone seen this?

Check out 'Attn: LG Intuition Users'

https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1441

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Anmanwar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting

0 Likes
marlenafell
Enthusiast - Level 2

It worked! Thank you so much.  My replacement phone came right before I fixed it but I called Verizon and they are taking the replacement back Smiley Happy  Now I can have my husband fix his too.

0 Likes
BRAT3043

They gave me this the other day when I called...it didnt work.  I just tried it again, still nothing...I guess I got the dud of all updates...Im still stuck with a brick of a phone!

0 Likes
Bogdan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regardless I have damage on hand of lost time and not working phone. The update to OS ( major update ), need backup, warning, and not be forced on customers. This irresponsible action resulted in loss of my goods. Verizon Attempting to help, instructed me to do factory reset. Unsuccessful in it attempts to solve the issue Verizon send me "Certified Like New"  phone that is very very used,  with sharp pieces of frame sticking to cat my fingers. I intend to make video on this and post to y-tube +++ places. This is not the way to treat customer that spend over $6000 in services from Verizon.

Issue not solved.

Then I found your (Anmanwar) posting. Desperate I downloaded the files to my win 7 64 from:

http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-VS950

navigate to Software Update & Drivers

then I Downloaded "USB DRIVERS" and "LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL"

I installed drivers and SUPPORT TOOL.

Note that Program is not first class as interface is not done pro style.

I connected the phone using usb cable and waited about minute until menu appear asking

the connection type. I set it to usb connection type : internet connection : Modem.

This selection is located at menus:

Setting > Connectivity > USB connection type > Internet connection > Modem

I think the option "Ethernet" instead of "Modem" will work as well ( not tested ).

Then I started installed on my PC  "LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL" , tested connectivity to phone

selecting "Customer Suport" from top menu then "Update History".

After getting my phone recognized I proceeded   as (Anmanwar) described:

"DO NOT CLICK UPDATE AS

IT WILL DO NOTHING! Instead you need to go to the customer support tab at top

and click on recovery phone."

The process have tested usb connection at start. After download 80 minutes on 50MB internet it started installation at witch I got messages for 3 times that my usb connection is not working. I disconnected phone, power down and reconnected, set it to Modem ( as described above) and hit resume on PC "LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL".

After 2 h the phone seemed to be restored, but "LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL" have not announced until I clicked somewhere on its menu.

The LG Intuition works.

LG and Verizon, Please Learn. I have asked you for solution since March 4. The user (Anmanwar) deserve credit.

Thanks Anmanwar.

Verizon, I will not make the y-tube video about the ugly used interactive "Certified Like New" replacement phone you send me as solution. Please Learn how to help.

0 Likes
Glitter30
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't figure out how to put the phone in modem mode and when I am entering my IMEI number manually it also wants the SN which I don't know how to locate. I am very frustrated with this. Verizon will not give me a phone or help me. I just want my camera back and my videos of my children.

0 Likes
lablin

You dont need the Imei and serial number. you can use the imei number. Get

your LG driver then run the install program you downloaded.

0 Likes