Re: LG Intuition upgrade today...app issues, failure notifications constantly, Google Play broken, missing widgets...etc PLEASE FIX!!!
Anmanwar
Enthusiast - Level 2

59. Re: LG Intuition upgrade today...app issues, failure notifications constantly, Google Play broken, missing widgets...etc  PLEASE FIX!!!

Ann154 Mar 6, 2013 1:37 PM (in response to tonydar)

I would suggest reading your customer agreement before pursuing a class action.

Verizon Wireless approved the update since the support docs are on their website. They don't put those documents on the website unless they had completed their testing to a satisfactory results.

Report Abuse  Like (0)  Reply

True, because the replacement phone they sent me DOES have the update on it...and it works.  I just hate the fact that I only have a few months left in my 1 year warranty and i no longer have a new phone...it's REFURBISHED!!   This isn't fair!   I paid $149 for this phone last September!  I don't know how all of you feel, but to me that's a lot of money!  It's rediculous that of no fault of mine my brand new phone was tanked.  I really really wonder how "like new" these "certified like new" phones are!?   I was astonished how it arrived just strapped to a piece of cardboard.  Rediculous!    Plus it's not like I get a new warranty year on this replacement phone right?? 

Re: LG Intuition upgrade today...app issues, failure notifications constantly, Google Play broken, missing widgets...etc PLEASE FIX!!!
Jnnfrsmstr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well I thinks it's obvious that adequate testing was not performed, as numourous people were affected.

0 Likes
Jnnfrsmstr
Enthusiast - Level 1

My refurbished phone does not have the update and I hope it stays that way.

0 Likes
Jnnfrsmstr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like my cousin/attorney said....bait and switch. They break our phones so we HAVE to buy new ones.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just hate the fact that I only have a few months left in my 1 year warranty and i no longer have a new phone...it's REFURBISHED!!   This isn't fair!  The phone it replaced wasn't new either - you'd used it for several months, based o your statement that you only had a few months left on the warranty - and the phone tanked, you got it replaced, as the warranty is supposed to do... I really really wonder how "like new" these "certified like new" phones are!? The refurbished and "like new" phones I have had and dealt with were just that - like new. ...    Plus it's not like I get a new warranty year on this replacement phone right?? I believe refurbs  come with a 1 year warranty as well, so you get "bonus" time on replacing a defective phone.  The CPO phone I got had a one year warranty on it.

MedicCA911
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I am a medic and I rely heavily on my intuition. I need it for the contacts (hospital numbers) and the google navigator especially. Plus, we are all paying customers, we deserve to have a phone that works, especially if this malfunction is not our fault. I went to a Verizon Wireless store and they gave me the exact excuses they gave the rest of you. I signed for my replacement phone on Monday and they told me I would have it no later than Wednesday. WRONG. I was with Verizon customer service for almost an hour with two different people because my phone didnt arrive. I finally got the answer. Because I didnt add the replacement warranty, I dont get next day fed ex shipping. I get 5 day economy shipping through the postal service. Of course they dont tell you that. So not only did Verizon mess up my very beautiful phone, force me to get it replaced with a refurbished one, but they also sent it ECONOMY because i didnt pay the $7 a month replacement warranty. Talk about ridiculous!

0 Likes
Jnnfrsmstr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Weird...I didnt have insurance and I even told tech support that. They still overnighted my replacement phone. Honestly, it's working better than my first phone now. The refurb phones have parts that are tested and retested so they usually are better.  As far as Verizon, I don't think anyone is on the same page. If one person gets a new phone, everyone should.

0 Likes
Tron54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can't trust LG or for that matter Verizon. They sent me the "refurbished phone" and I returned it to the store.

I have exchanged it for a Droid. Not as good as the Intuition, but the crash of my phone cost my business 2 days of work and a total melt down because my pictures and contact list was gone. If LG (Upgrade) and Verizon accepts responsibility for there stupid failure, perhaps I can get some of my money back for the exchange.  

Mutineer7
Enthusiast - Level 2

The odd thing is that this failure isn't in the news.   I found one small article with the following piece of information "but one user reports that a Verizon store rep indicated a date of March 15th"

Really....?

March 15th?

Two weeks of lobotomized smart phones - and Verizon hasn't offered as much as an official "We're sorry".  At a minimum I would expect some sort of credit - and at best, an offer to switch to a different model of phone that might actually work. 

Mutineer7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just when I think Verizon can't surprise me any more -  since there seems to be no immediate solution coming, I went to my local Verizon store to have them order replacement phones.  Yes, I had to settle for used models, but as long as they work it would be better than what I have today.   Two phones ordered and today .....once recieved.  I called customer service to see if they could possibly tell me what the issue was and what they said was that one phone was shipped Fedex next day - the other was shipped USPS.  They couldn't get tracking data, but it should arrive in the next day or two.

Now I know why they have to lock users into long term contracts - it keeps us from deserting what is obviously a sinking ship.