LG G6
MATTRO96

So yesterday my brand new LG G6 randomly powered off and then displayed a "device is corrupted and cannot be trusted" message. I was able to reset the device and it seems to be working fine now, however, I'm seeing this issue start to pop up on other message forums. Given LG's tarnished history related to bootloop issues, this is very concerning to say the least. Any other G6 users experience this issue? Is this an LG issue or an Android issue? It does not appear to be carrier related as I've seen this in T-Mobile forums as well.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G6
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Since it is within the 14 days of purchase, visit a VZW corporate store and see if they can help you. If they will replace it you can get a brand new out of the box one or you can exchange it for anything else with a $35 restock fee. If you ordered online and got the no restock fee promo you could just send it back.

After the first 14 days you will NOT get a brand new phone and may get a certified like new replacement.

0 Likes
geraldorigo

I just received the same error this morning, searching around different forums it appears that this is an Android issue and not related to hardware.  Verizon and LG need to provide a status update for this, whether it is an upgrade to the operating system or a firmware upgrade something is terribly wrong.  Verizon, you need to report the status of this issue to all of your G6 customers, the phone has barely been in anyone's hands for a week and already there are issues.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You can report it directly to LG by calling their customer service number or going to their website and sending an email or via a chat rep.

Verizon doesn't make the phone. Plus, asking here for Verizon to do something is the wrong place as this is a customer to customer forum.

0 Likes
MATTRO96

Folks, don't expect any response from LG other than to offer a repair (with a 2 week wait time and no temporary phone). I'm going to take advantage of the 14 day return period and would advise others to do the same after the conversation I just had with LG.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I had the G2, G3 and V10.

I recently switched back to Apple since LG (amongst other manufacturers) was NOT updating devices. I got so frustrated. When a software has been available sing August and it is still not on devices 9 months later then I gotta quit. At least Apple makes the software available directly through them and I can get it the day it is available.

I know that isn't the reason for this post but it shows that LG doesn't care about support.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

On the other hand, I always have a spare phone available in case my current one breaks and it will take some time to get remedied. You can't fault LG for making sure you have a loaner phone. You should always have a spare.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or two. Or three. Or more. Smiley Happy

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

MATTRO96

I finally reached someone at LG that was actually very helpful. He told me that they have been "inundated with inquiries from concerned customers that have experienced this issue." A soft reset should resolve the issue when it occurs and a permanent fix is in the works to be released in a future software update. At this point, they do not believe this is a defective hardware issue; rather, it is a software glitch for which there is a permanent fix. Hoping this is accurate information - I'm pretty confident it is because the gentleman I spoke too seemed very well aware of the issue.

0 Likes
geraldorigo

Sounds good, at least they are aware but I wonder how quick a real fix will be out.  Until then a reset of the device will have to do.  Thanks for looking in to this MATTRO96, hopefully this puts everyone's concerns at ease.

0 Likes