Re: LG G6 terrible reception
Stek64

I took the SIM card out of the G4; that phone was damaged and can not be activated or powered on again.

Per another suggestion I switched from the Global network to LTE/CDMA, I am still dropping calls.

This just started a couple of weeks ago, I had no issue with the phone for the first few months. My zip code is 48917 and I have only had this issue inside my home at this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying that you took the SIM card from the G4 device. Please confirm the phone model in which you inserted the SIM card, so that we can provide you with accurate troubleshooting steps.

I would also like to inform you that structural interference and other factors outside of our control can greatly impact indoor service, and we cannot guarantee service inside any building or home. Is your service normal when you step outside your house?

http://spr.ly/6587DwXGH

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Stek64

I am not using the SIM card from the G4. Its in a baggie in a drawer.

I received a new SIM card when I purchased the LG G6 that I am having the trouble with.

My husband and I both have Verizon, and neither of us have ever had any trouble with reception in our home. He still doesn't have any issues, but I started having issues in the past couple of weeks. I keep dropping calls and getting a message that says "Out of service area". As of now I haven't had trouble with dropped calls anywhere but our home, but, that is where I use my phone the most.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried enabling Wi-Fi Calling? This could help with the connection in your home. You do realize that there is no guarantee of connectivity to the cellular network inside of any structure, right?

0 Likes
Navychaps

I can be outside and if I move at all the person I am speaking with says I am breaking up.  I've had Verizon over 10 Yeats and have never experienced this with my other phones at my home.  My wife's Samsung S9 does not have this issue.  If Verizon would allow me to trade, I would.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Losing signal when moving can be a few different factors. Usually this is due to terrain or structures causing small dead spots. If you device has any sort of physical or liquid damage, that can also be a factor. If the issue only happens in some areas and not others, then it is likely the former. 

PaulS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Navychaps

This is not driving down the road, it could be as little as 1 foot inside the house or even outside.

0 Likes
Friend9034

I have same problem, my g2,3 and 4 never had any problems but this g6 terrible. Maybe they should concentrate on making the phones work anywhere instead of cameras and useless garbage we dont need. Been LG customer for almost 20 years, im done wont buy another

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're truly sorry to hear that your LG G6 is having problems with signal. Knowing you have been an LG customer for almost 20 years, I can only imagine how upsetting this must be, Friend9034. Let's ensure we find a resolution. May I ask what city and major cross streets you are experiencing service issues at? Are any other Verizon devices near you also having the same issue? Please share details about some of the symptoms you are seeing with the degraded signal as well. 

AnthonyC_VZW

0 Likes
Trueserus0
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the worst purchase ive ever made had the g6 for a year got talked into buying instead of the iphone it hasnt worked right since day 1 I took it back in the first week they gave me another one ive made sure I'm not on global ive been with Verizon for years at one time it was all that would work in 34470 now I can be standing perfectly still in the middle of a field have 4g service the second I place a call drops to red x and drops call ive called tech support multiple times with no help can literally only use my phone on Wi-Fi, will be changing the whole family off of verizon worst scam ive bought so far 

0 Likes