Re: LG G6 terrible reception
ah42
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently bought an unlocked G6 and cellular signal is much weaker than the Moto Z I came from. Text messages don't go through at my house and I never had that problem before with multiple other phones. I'm really disappointed in the radios on this phone. I've tried switching from Global to LTE/CDMA and the signal strength didn't change.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my phone to provide the best possible connection and definitely want you to have a phone that provides you with the best connection, ah42. If you have used other phones without any trouble, this may indicate that it is the phone itself. Where did you purchase the phone from? Do you only have trouble with service at home? What message app is in use? 

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Stek64

I got this phone a few months ago after breaking my G4. (Loved the G4!!!)

In just the past couple of weeks when I'm talking on it at home I have been dropping calls and getting a "Out of service area" message. It's getting really really old. It just happened 3 times in a matter of 10 minutes so I thought I'd look to see if other people are having this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Where did you get the SIM card from? Did you use the same one that was in your G4?

NoahS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Stek64

I believe they gave me a new SIM Card when I purchased this phone. It's a Verizon phone but I bought it at Best Buy.

0 Likes
Stek64

I just double checked and the G4 still has the SIM card in it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should remove the SIM card from the old phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Stek64

And do what with it? Destroy it?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Check your network settings to make sure that you are on LTE/CDMA and NOT on Global.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stek64, we certainly want you to get great service with us. You would want to remove the old SIM card and make sure that old phone remains off, unless you factory reset the phone or someone else activates it on their line. 

What zip code is your home located at? Is the issue with dropped calls only happening when you are indoors? Do you have home Wi-Fi? We ask because that model phone does have Wi-Fi calling available that can help avoid dropped calls when indoors https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211145/

StevenG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes