LG G6 terrible reception
gpm07

Does anyone else have a LG G6 phone that gets awful reception?  Every time we go in a building no matter the size we get no service (at most text messaging).  We have lots of coverage issues in places the Verizon map says has coverage and people with other phones like the Samsung S7 get reception with no issue or a Mifi gets reception with no issue.  We have contacted Verizon support and they told us the one area they looked up is a marginal coverage area (but other phones and mifis work there).  Just wondering if anyone else has had this same issue and found any fix or are LGs antennas just that bad?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G6 terrible reception
Hamdroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've only had my G6 for just over a week, but no reception (or any other) issues so far.  Will update if I run into any.

0 Likes
ANDK32

I think it is a LG G6 issue in general. I have the unlocked LG G6 which I use on the Verizon Network and the signal strength is much less than it was with my Droid Turbo (the unlocked version has all the Verizon bands). I used to get 4-5 bars all the time in my area! I tried out TMobile in my area using a TMobile branded LG G6 also, and signal strength was poor in my area too. Makes me wonder how a Non-LG G6 would have performed on the TMobile network...

0 Likes
Hamdroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday I got good reception in the 3rd level of the basement parking garage at my doctor's!  I've never gotten any reception there on all my previous phones.  I was pretty amazed.  Still loving my G6.

0 Likes
RODINSk

the test is whether it can use the signal and not how many bars it shows (the manufacturer chooses how many bars it shows for what signal level, and can change that to look better without improving reception at all

0 Likes
mivanov

I've had this phone for several months now. I love the phone, but I cannot make calls within my house or work. I've been a Verizon customer for over a decade and this is the first phone ever that I've had cell reception issues within my house. When I called Verizon a few months after I had the phone, their only option to was to replace it with a refurbished version of the same phone. Why would I want to do that? Now I'm stuck with this brick for a few years. My wife's due for a new phone and was hoping to get her this phone because other than the [Removed] service within buildings, I really do like the phone. She has an LG G3 and has never had problems. It must just be the G6 model that stinks.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do appreciate your decade of service and I can definitely understand how important it is to use service at home and at work, mivanov. Are you experiencing calling trouble outdoors or in any other areas? If not, I would not recommend a replacement device in order to resolve the issue. The hardware can vary between different cell phone models. When using a device that does not have the capability to connect to as many wireless bands as another you may run into an issue where service is not as readily available, especially indoors.

We do have options available to help improve service in these locations. Do you have any issue with data or messaging at work or at home? Is WiFi available? If so, your device does have the ability to use WiFi Calling for a better calling experience. Please follow this link for steps to turn on WiFi Calling: http://vz.to/2mudDfl . This will also help with any issue with data of course. If you are experiencing any trouble with messaging I recommend to use Message +. This app will allow you to send and receive text messages over WiFi. Does this help?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOECLE6

Yes I am having the same issue with my LG g6.  I have had it for about 5 months now and I drop calls with in my house at my old apartment which I moved out of recently and even with the advanced Wi-Fi calling on it does not make reception any better.  If my Droid Turbo hadn't broke the power button I would still be using it because I had awesome reception with it.  I too am a long time Verizon customer (over 15 years) and am sad that you know there is an issue with the phone yet offer nothing other than to buy another one of your products to help boost its signal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOECLE6,

We apprecite the 15+ years you've been with us and want you to have nothing but the best experience with your phone. Currently, we have no record of any confirmed known issues with the LG G6 regarding dropped calls or reception. Although we're unable to guarantee indoor service, you mentioned that you have these troubles even while using WiFi Calling, which is a bit of a concern. What software version do you have installed on your phone? Check by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Info > System Version. Also, are you also experiencing trouble when you're outside of your home?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

To anyone experiencing this issue:

Check your settings and change from Global Mode to LTE/CDMA. This usually increases the reception dramatically.