Re: LG G4 update breaks notifications!
Bazsu

3 weeks passed and there is not even an official confirmation?

I start to have a feeling there is nobody listening, let alone helping.

0 Likes
Tbrehm
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is so pathetic neither LG or Verizon has come on here to ensure something is being worked out or any status update!  How pathetic it has been over 3 weeks of our phones having broken software without any solution on it's way!   What annoys the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] out of me is that my ALARM.COM app will not work unless my WiFi is off... So if someone were to break into my house I wouldn't even have a warning I would just get a random number calling me and who knows if I would answer it due to me being at work or something...

This is beyond pathetic Verizon Wireless. Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
mymainmandeebo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Totally with you...i used Ring.com and don't get any of these notifications when someone is at my door.

I called Verizon Customer support, they are aware of the issue and the fix needs to be established by LG. They said LG is working on an update but no date has been determined.

I'm 100% positive it is this 12A update. My wife has a G4 on VZW as well, running 11A....NO ISSUES. Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
DonnaMc810

Still am not getting notifications while on WIFI.  This is ridiculous they have not put a fix out for this.

0 Likes
barley1

After a lot of complaining and a sympathetic Verizon representative I was shipped a replacement LG g4 without the bad update. The phone is unable to get the update so I assume the update was blocked or removed.

My new LG g4 had been working perfectly.

0 Likes
phlowby
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just signed up for Project Fi.  The complete lack of support from Verizon is getting old.  Talking with reps who don't have any useful information in front of them and issues not getting resolved in a timely manner is not acceptable.

Every time I have a  issue it either gets escalated with no resolution or a new phone is sent out.   I have had 4 phones replaced I think and never has it solved anything.

LG also has no response to my questions.  I am done purchasing their products also.  I am just glad I didn't purchase the Urbane 2 as that was just shelved right after release  with issues.  Glad I went with Motorola this time.

Verizon's largest network means nothing to me any longer when there is no support to back it up.  For what we pay we should be treated with a little more respect.  I will suck up the penalties and my family will move  along when my spot with Fi is open.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DonnaMc810,

Sorry to hear about this happening. I also have a G4, so I know how great a phone it can be. I want yours to be great again, too.  You're currently set with "All Interuptions" in your phone's pulldown menu? Are there any apps that alert you while on WiFi?

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DonnaMc810

I do have all interruptions checked and apps like snapchat, gmail, outlook off the top of my head are not getting notifocations while on any WiFi

0 Likes
phlowby
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am sorry Eric but your response is exactly what I am talking about.   Every time someone from Verizon comes here on your firums with a response it starts off with a cheesy comment  about how sorry the rep is and that you'll do what it takes to fix the issue.

It's as if the reps are instructed to be overly polite to calm the masses and not get down to the root of the problem.   This a known bug and has been hashed out in so many forums out there and yet it's as if Verizon and LG tries to hide it from the masses.  It is a stupid IPV6 issue and everyone knows it.   Verizon and LG made the same mistake on the G3 and that is why the update was pulled.  But nothing has been done for us who took it.   A hot fix or rollback should have been implemented as soon as possible.   Now it's been like 2 months with no resolution yet.  On top of all this Verizon will have no  problem taking extra money from me this month as I will now be going over my data limit.

I am sorry to come across as so bitter,  but I have had it.   I am done with Verizon as soon I can be.

chemswede
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think we are going to get any useful info from either LG or Verizon on this because LG has already updated the G4 to Android 6.0 in South Korea a couple weeks ago.  Once I saw that I realized that LG had zero interest in working on fixing our issue with their Android 5.1 version.  My only hope is that when LG and Verizon release the Android 6.0 update here, for our model of G4, that it will have the WiFi notifications working properly.  If they don't work properly in the Android 6.0 update then we really are screwed.

Also we can't expect Verizon to tell us when we will receive the 6.0 update because traditionally carriers will not release that date.  I'm certain that is a financial decision because if they said it would release on Day X and then something happens and it does not release then on Day X+1 there is a chance that the stock prices could drop if the media makes a big deal about Verizon missing the date.  Verizon will play it safe and not confirm when we will get the update.

0 Likes