Re: LG G4 update breaks notifications!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chemswede, this is something we want to make sure we help you with. What exactly is happening with the device since the update?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
chemswede
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the 12A update I get NO notifications while on my WiFi on my LG G4 especially from google apps (Gmail, hangouts, etc).  When WiFi disconnects and my VZW signal takes over I get all the notifications immediately with no issues.

I had no issues while on 11A getting notification on WiFi.

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 provided to me by my work and it gets all notifications while on my WiFi immediately.

I have restarted my LG G4 many times, erased my WiFi network from the settings, re-added it, as well as many other ideas suggested all over the internet.

We all need this fixed or if you can provide a way for me to get back to version 11A that would be great.

Thanks,

0 Likes
phlowby
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are all experiencing the same issue yet Verizon reps here keep asking us what's wrong.   If they truly don't know about the issue which I find hard to believe at this point, they should have at least read the previous posts.  This issue is so well documented already.  All a Verizon rep ever says is I want to help but never offers a solution. I have opened up many tickets over the years and can honestly say only once was a remedy found and that was a replacement phone.   I went through 3 replacement Nexus 6's before Verizon acknowledged the issue was on their end.   After promised call backs from higher tier support and a tower technical that never happened an area retail Manger allowed me to switch to this LG G4.  This was a great phone until a Verizon update broke it.  It is horrible service like this that will most likely cause me to leave when my contract is up.  It's been around 10 years and the service area  might be great, but the complete lack of customer care/service is starting to get out of hand.

0 Likes
Talonsmith

I have to add my Complaint to this as well, Verizon G4, broke after last update. No notifications on WiFi, and I need them for work in a bad way so Ive been leaving the wifi off. Of course now I went over my data plan, argh!

0 Likes
710crew
Enthusiast - Level 2

just wanted to add ANOTHER update...the issue is still present!!  of course this is an obvious stmt considering i have not rec a new update or seen any news on how to fix it without an actual update from Verizon (we know a non-update fix is not possible b/c the G3 had the same issue last year and required a new update to fix).  i have used more data at this point than any other previous month b/c i have to keep the WiFi turned off for large portions of the day.  as stated in a previous post, i'm starting to wonder if Verizon has even acknowledged that there is a major issue with the G4 since the update.  the fact that the support team is continuing to ask us "explain the issue" when it's been explained clearly and multiple times in this tread is crazy.  i can deal with something having gone wrong with the update and that it could take time to fix but the lack of acknowledgment that an issue even exists is mind-boggling.  we are OWED some kind of communication from Verizon.  i'm trying to remain patient but if i go over my data this month (which i never have in the past) my voice will get much louder.

0 Likes
j0e325

Good Morning,

Well the phone make and model is the LG G4 VS986.  The issues I am having happen inside and/or outside whenever I am connected to WiFi.  The issues are outlined by everyone else in this thread.  All notifications do not come through whenever connected to WiFi.  One app specifically, ESPN, has zero notifications come through while connected to WiFi, but this is a larger issue with other apps such as Gmail as well.  Below should be all the information about the phone you need.  This only started occurring since the most recent Verizon update as mentioned by everyone else.  This is a very large issue that requires your customers to utilize Verizon Data, which is limited, and a cause for concern for your customers to exceed their data allowance.  I have already done a hard reset on my phone as a troubleshooting option.  I will not do it again.  This is clearly software related and will require an update.  Please advise.

Model Number: VS986

Hardware Version: Rev.1.0

Android Version: 5.1

Software Version: VS98612A

Build Number: LMY47D

Baseband Version: MPSS.BO.2.5.c3-00097-M8992FAAAANAZM-1

Configuration Version: J14.LGE.VS986.0

0 Likes
rxn123talon

I've had the same issue since the update.   My co-worker is having the same issue and it seems that depending who we chat with (we've chatted multiple times each), they either pretend like they don't know there is an issue or say an update is in the works.   Meanwhile I have to use my data.   This is very annoying.   Please either fix the issue or allow us to change to a comparable phone that works!

0 Likes
Bazsu

First I thought I had problems with my wifi, but as I tested it with other devices and found this thread it is obvious: the latest software update for the LG G4 from Verizon disables or breaks the push notification daemon for Gmail, Hangouts and WhatsApp, etc.

Once the phone connects to another access point or the Verizon network for internet access, notifications arrive.

Perhaps I am not alone with the following remarks: instead of numerous unwanted and completely useless bloatware packages from Verizon I expect a fully tested software update before its release to the public.

I still believe that LG G4 is a top-notch andorid phone, however its capabilities - including its processor and its battery life - are greatly suppressed by unnecessary and undeletable applications (bloatware). Instead of freeing up its potential the latest update further deepens the problems.

0 Likes
phlowby
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received a usage warning as I can't use WiFi. Is something being done about this or not? Will we receive compensation for this issue as a lot of us are now relying on our data plan full time? This just doesn't effect us on a personal level but as business as well.

0 Likes