Re: LG G4 on Verizon June 4 and Best Buy pre-orders get $100 Debit Card
Tidbits
Legend

Smart setting doesn't work well either. Maybe I should make a video of how bad it works. On paper looks good, but 2/3 of the time when connecting with my Bluetooth headset music app never opens for example. I even tried to make it open some other apps or system setting. WiFi turning on when I come home happens almost never either.

Word of advice for anyone who uses multi network at home. Use 2.4 over 5. You'll thank Mr later. You'll drop connections less often. Happens to both my international(Korea) and T-Mobile version.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Those themes are definitely not set up with the Western world in mind.  Nothing against the culture, but most of the designs are niche here and perhaps more widely appreciated in Korea. 

Tidbits
Legend

Perhaps maybe geared towards women in Korea. A lot of them look like what my cousins would like(they are Korean and live in Korea). Even some of them would see it as tacky too. I see maybe one or two that would be considered neutral or male orientated.

Well if you want to check to see if LG removed them just download launcher pro and make a launcher shortcut widget(don't need to change launchers). There's a writeup on the web. Doesn't require root. You can also check to see if you can manually download smartworld buy going to their mobile website. The G2 and G3 you had to do that to get it on your phone(well I had to).

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

LG Smart World is available sideload apk.  I just found nothing at all, not just themes, that I could actually use.  So, that is a feature that's ok to be gone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I would uninstall it if I could.  The themes are somewhat pointless.  As for the fonts you don't need smartworld or themes to change them.  You just need to install it from the play store and you should be able to use those.  Keyboard sucks overall for myself and I always switched to either Google Keyboard or some random keyboard to try out.

I think LG does have a theme maker you could use, but then I think due to CR LG doesn't accept a lot of them.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I pretty much use Google KB standard on all devices.  LG's spacebar is a bit narrow for me.  All,my,sentences,look,like,this.  Google's is wider and I actually have a space between words.  I guess I am right-thumbed.