LG G4 Basic Visual Voicemail cannot be set up
bowsah13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an LG G4.  Was recently told that my voicemail isn't working.  I had originally signed up for the Premium Visual Voicemail trial, but didn't want to pay for it when the free trial ended.  Once I heard my voicemail didn't work (people couldn't leave voicemail), I tried opening the app.  I get a message that due to a change in your phone, Voice Mail service needs updated.  Choices are to "Update & Subscribe to Basic Visual Voice Mail" or "Don't Update & Call Voice Mail".  If I choose to update, I get a message saying it's being updated, do not open the app for 5 minutes.  I come back later and the same cycle happens.  If I choose to call voice mail, or just dial *86, I get the Message Management service, dial # to check my own voicemail, but then it asks for voice mail number, and nothing I choose works (phone number, last 4 digits, other random tries).

I've tried resetting my voicemail password, was on a call with CS that got no results.  I've done a Force Stop and Clear Data on the VM app, and reset the phone.  I'm stumped.  I need voicemail or having Verizon is worthless and I'll move to another carrier.  This is ridiculous. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4 Basic Visual Voicemail cannot be set up
Snn5
Legend

Have you taken a look in My Verizon and made sure that the visual voicemail is enabled?  Sometimes you have to opt in in My Verizon under Products and Apps for features to enable on the phone.

0 Likes
bowsah13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't find the Basic Visual Voicemail anywhere in the Products and Apps section.  It says I have none at this time.  Under the free section, where Basic should be, it's not listed.  Under the paid section, there's an option for the Premium Visual Voicemail for $2.99, but I don't want that.  And none of this explains why I can't just dial *86 and get standard voicemail.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You may need to call *611 and have support reset your voicemail.  Then, you can either try visual again or you can go back to basic voicemail.

0 Likes
bowsah13
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was allegedly what was happening during my call with customer service.  I finally found the chat functionality, so we will see if this person is able to help at all.

bowsah13
Enthusiast - Level 2

No help there.  Suggested that I do the troubleshooting guide (which I've already done).  Next step is to call tech support, but I'm working so that will have to wait.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bowsah13, We want your voice mail feature to work for you. Since finding out that your voice mail was not working, have you tried uninstalling the updates for that app? This can be done is the settings of the phone. Here is a link on how to do that http://vz.to/1UHiMuL After following these steps also choose Uninstall or Uninstall Updates. This will help allow the app to properly update when you choose the free "Basic Visual Voice Mail and Update" option.

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bowsah13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done the Force Stop and Clear Data steps several times.  There is no option to Uninstall or Uninstall Updates for that app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bowsah13 Let's try something else to get this fixed. Please put the phone into Safe Mode and then test this out, since another app on the phone could cause this issue. Here is a link on how to put the phone into Safe Mode http://vz.to/1KIXoAD
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bowsah13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Safe mode didn't make a difference.  For the time being, how can I get standard voicemail by using *86?  Currently no one can leave me a message at all.  This is not acceptable.  I'm paying for this service.

I just had a call with customer service, which passed me on to advanced tech support.  I was told to Force Stop and Clear Data, restart phone and they would call back in 10 minutes.  It's been 60 minutes with no call back. 

0 Likes