http://m-support.verizonwireless.com/mobl/features.kb_87476.tp_2.html

Follow up through step 7.... choose LTE/CDMA

Power cycle your phone.

Try and see if it helps.

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 kitkat SEVERE battery drain and performace issues
billsprincess
Enthusiast - Level 3

i found out thru the grapevine ( not verizon) that its a bug in the camera and it is causing a severe battery drain after kitkat was updated.  you need to uninstall skype and do a hard reboot. google has not said when a new update will replace kitkat. sad thing is they have known about this problem since dec 2013

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

That's one of the known problems. I think there are others based on what has been written.

0 Likes
krysmor2

Disable the Caller ID app that comes on the phone. My phone started all these issues right after the free trial kicked on. After disabling the app, I have had no issues.

0 Likes
chelszmm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm so glad I'm not going crazy. I've tried removing apps, erasing all of my texts and only keeping maybe 5 a day, I put on a battery saver app that has seemed to help a little but my biggest problem is that I have noticed my texts taking 20 minutes sometimes to actually send. If I restart my phone it helps a little but it's no longer reliable and not the phone I love. I hope they come out with an update that fixes all of these issues soon.

0 Likes
CJ1990

I have been having these problems with my LG G2 and I just started using it two weeks ago. I tried a factory reset, but had to restart the phone first just to reset it. That didn't work so I took out my Sims card, restarted my phone, and put the Sims card back in. That seemed to have solved the problem until today when I had to repeat that process all over again just to have no problems. I hope I can get this issue fixed because I literally just started using this phone, and I've had plenty of cell phones and they've lasted much longer than two weeks with no problems at all.

0 Likes
Re: Re: LG G2 kitkat SEVERE battery drain and performace issues
labaladeplata97
Enthusiast - Level 2

I personally HATE factory resets....Im having the same issues. i remember saying "man this phone can go a day and 1/2 w/o charging. and using it occassionally at work.

so pleaseeeee try this if you feel the same way. like others i looked at the battery [settings>battery]personally the most for me was screen time. then i looked at storage [ settings >storage] got rid of apps and misc. that i didnot need. and clicked on cache. that cleared all the cache data i wasnt using anyway. also i went to mobile data from settings, most of my data was being used by media. [apparently thats the download manager , downloads and media storage all in one]. now i dont have any music on my phone. and i usually dont download video unless a friend sends one. Media had .19 GB of BACKROUND data and .00 foreground. now i dont know all that much about files and folders, but i know that seems like alot for the back round. idk if it kills the battery but i went into each app under the media catagory and disable the apps I KNOW I DONT USE. DONT DISABLE SOMETHING IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IT ISSSSSSS!!.

any way. i unplugged my phone this a.m. at 9....its now 330 still have 93 %....thats the LG G2 i know and love. hope this helps anyone like i was the last few weeks.

0 Likes
mdbratch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is Verizon aware of issues with Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) per this article on ZDNet? The article was published in March 2014. Google claims there's an issue with battery life on 4.4.2 and they say, in the article:

"High power drain on non-Nexus devices is not something we can help with. If you have a Note, or any other non-Nexus device, you'll have to reach out to your manufacturer," a Google AOSP project member wrote.

Verizon, I'm reaching out to you as representing the manufacturer of the phone you supplied to me, the LG G2, which shipped to me a couple of weeks ago with 4.4.2 already installed (it wasn't an upgrade that I performed). The battery life is dreadful on 4.4.2. According to this article, it's Android 4.4.2 related. There's no longer a need to claim that this issue hasn't been seen before.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Verizon, I'm reaching out to you as representing the manufacturer of the phone you supplied to me, the LG G2, which shipped to me a couple of weeks ago with 4.4.2 already installed (it wasn't an upgrade that I performed).

Verizon doesn't represent the manufacturer.

Did you try performing a FDR? Did you try your device in SAFE mode?

Did you manually monitor your battery usage, or download any sort of specialized monitoring program?

Did you contact LG directly on your issue?

People on all sorts of phones have had issues with Battery Drain post-KK. Most problems are solved by performing an FDR, identifying and eliminating a rogue program, turning off or limiting synch of data and messages...

You're not going to get somewhere asking Verizon what to do next, except perhaps asking if you can get a refurb replacement once you've done and documented trouble-shooting.

0 Likes
mdbratch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon doesn't represent the manufacturer.

Sorry, poor choice of words on my part. However, if Verizon provides phones manufactured by LG, I would expect Verizon to make sure that they are getting properly functioning product. I am firstly a Verizon customer of the LG G2. It's what they shipped to me, and Verizon's service is where I would go with issues (and I do plan to visit them with this one when I free up).

Did you try performing a FDR? Did you try your device in SAFE mode?

No, I did not. But I can try the FDR. As I said: I just got this phone within the last couple of weeks. It's not like I've done a bunch of upgrades or anything. So FDR wasn't the first thing that came to mind as a solution. But sure, I'll give it a go.

Did you manually monitor your battery usage, or download any sort of specialized monitoring program?

I've only recently been monitoring battery usage using the built-in Android battery settings screens. If you can recommend a good battery monitoring program, I'll install it and try it out.

Did you contact LG directly on your issue?

I did not, per my comments above about being a Verizon customer first. But I can certainly do that. I thought my first path of support was supposed to be through Verizon.

As an aside, I pay a lot of money to Verizon for the use of specific phone models and service. I do expect them to know at least a little of what's going on with them rather than, "We aren't aware of any problems". I've done a lot of research on the battery drain issue and it's fairly pervasive with Android 4.4.2.

0 Likes