Re: LG G2 kitkat SEVERE battery drain and performace issues
dianesef
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same issue!  I upgraded my phone and ZAP - the battery life went to zero.  Did a factory reset - nothing.  After the upgrade my phone and computer do not recognize each other and the phone is VERY hot at the point of the camera.  Verizon gave me a new phone - brand new - it was fully charged.  The upgrade uploaded.  ZAP - SAME EXACT Problem.  This is AWFUL.  I run my business by this phone and I can't have three hours battery life!!!

0 Likes
dianesef
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't even have Google now and my batter save is ON - still the same problem!

0 Likes
dianesef
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried that and it didn't work. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have reliable performance from your device dianesef. I'm sorry to hear about the battery difficulties. Are the overheating issues happening on the latest replacement as well? Have you tried completing a hard reset on it? If so, are you resetting with a restore or are you wiping the device completely? http://vz.to/1huDYPs

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

dianesef wrote:

I don't even have Google now and my batter save is ON - still the same problem!

Turn Location OFF. Battery saving still uses your mobile connection and wi-fi to determine your location and it's going to do that constantly. The only thing Battery Save does is turn off GPS.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

My phone is setup so Location is High Accuracy and I can go two days on a charge. It's unlikely to be the poster's issue.

I recommend dianesef go to Settings | Battery, click on the battery then scroll down and see what is consuming most of the battery. If Screen, you might want to change your illumination level to 40-50% using Settings | Display | Brightness.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well I was making a suggestion since high accuracy uses GPS and that would drain the battery. Anyway I agree about the screen. That's my largest battery usage. I have mine set at 70%. I also notice some apps aren't actually close when you close them sometimes. That will show up in Battery they will have a STOP button next to them. I'm currently at 47% 24 hours into this charge with Screen being 42% of all my use. Dolphin Browser being next at 16%. Android System is down at 4%

0 Likes
JoeProcopio

You shouldn't have to, but it works.  Luckily, I only got my LG G2 a few weeks ago and only have very little to back up....I also use Google+ with 100GB to back up all photos so I didn't worry about them....

I had the same battery drain....4% in 20 minutes from full charge. 

I reset my phone to factory stock, took all the updates to get me to get the KK update....then took the KK OTA...and I still had problems.  So it wasn't an issue of having anything on your phone....just the act of OTAs borked it.  I was showing 48% usage of my Bluetooth, and Bluetooth wasn't even on.  I did the factory reset and it's now working like it is supposed to...battery life is back.  I read somewhere about switching your location from Mode from High Accuracy (the default) to Battery saving, but if you use your GPS alot like I do, it must be in High accuracy mode....but turning those things off is like going back to Froyo....I bought a kick-butt phone so i wouldn't HAVE to turn all that stuff off...that is what these phones are supposed to do....Google Now voice control....that's just supposed to work!!!!!

well, after the Factory Reset, it does again!

0 Likes
JoeProcopio

oh and for the screen...get Lux from the Play Store...great app, works wonders with your screen usage!

0 Likes
billsprincess
Enthusiast - Level 3

OMG my phone has done the same thing and i am on my 4th replacement phone in under 4 months .

my phone was at 100% and was unplugged all day i used it for 10 lil mins and whammo my battery life went from 100-48% fast and draining faster. i plugged it in and its still sitting at 35%.  i work at night and have to have the phone on me.  I can not even trust the phone to be off the charger cause it will die.

My phone gets soooo hot it has burned my hand and it has made the touchscreen difficult to use, but verizon claims there is nothing wrong.  i am waiting on m 5th replacement since LG wont allow us to change phones and i am forced to add a 2nd line cause i need a working phone

0 Likes