Re: LG G Vista recent update to Lollipop is horrible! Can I somehow get back to the software it came with: kitkat?
Maria728
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am trying to stay away! I had two phone exchanges. With the upgrade can't sinc my phone and my car Bluetooth

Re: LG G Vista recent update to Lollipop is horrible! Can I somehow get back to the software it came with: kitkat?
Maria728
Enthusiast - Level 3

How?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Trying to stay away?

0 Likes
THEFERMANATOR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats what I ended up having to do to get it to take. I had to do 2 complete factory restores, then manually download the update BEFORE it went to do it(it kept doing it everytime i turned the wifi on), then on the 3rd attempt it finally took so I could get my phone to stop this ridiculous cycle of continually reinstalling the update, failing, and repeating. Then had to manually update all of my apps, THEN I could download my apps back onto the phone.

It somewhat works now, but it still has all these annoying glitches. Battery life drops down to 90% after not touching the phone all day unplugged, before it would be at 98-100%. Getting 3 bars of wifi 5 feet from the router when before I had 4 bars(full service) 50 feet away. Dropping calls inside the house when on 4.4.2 it never dropped a call. Having to hold the power button down or tap it multiple times to come out of sleep. Having to shake the phone violently to get it to come out of sleep to answer a call, or it just wont come out and the call goes to voicemail. And so on and so on. Some great update they forced on us with this one. Only been back with verizon for a few months, and already regretting it.

JecNire
Enthusiast - Level 3

That sucks.... Stupid technology! I'm pretty sure I'm just going to get my old flip phone out, darn thing works great! It was before all this 4G junk. I wonder if those older phones will be unable to work with newer tech, and of course Verizon making sure they can't....?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It's not Verizon that makes an old non-smartphone on 3G NOT work on 4G LTE and unable to use advanced software.

JecNire
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wasn't trying to say they are. I'm sure it's inevitable, for a number of reasons, that any technology from a few years back will not be able to work for lots of compatibility issues. It's not the "new, popular, consumer driven" stuff and no business will stay with something that's no longer profitable. Makes sense, just kind of a bummer!

0 Likes