LG Ally transferring pics from phone to card
BonKitty

I am having a hard time figuring out how to transfer the pics from my phone to my SD card.  Since I can't access the pics from my phone when I hook up the USB cable I would like to be able to store my pics on my card.  It would be easier if I could automatically have them set to save to my card when I take pics.  Could someone help me please!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally transferring pics from phone to card
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

BonKitty wrote:

I am having a hard time figuring out how to transfer the pics from my phone to my SD card.  Since I can't access the pics from my phone when I hook up the USB cable I would like to be able to store my pics on my card.  It would be easier if I could automatically have them set to save to my card when I take pics.  Could someone help me please!!!

HI.  I am sorry you are having issues transferring your pictures from your phone to your SD card and I can certainly assist you from here.  Usually, if you have a memory card, the pictures are automatically stored on your memory card.   There are file managers in the app market that you can download to better manage where everything is saved. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.  :smileywink:

Thanks!

0 Likes
BigSkyKatie

You actually CAN download photos from phone to pc via USB cable.  It just isn't very intuitive.  I searched for documentation and found none (lack of documentation is my one complaint about the phone/OS) but found a few minutes to mess around and figured it out last night.

Connect camera to pc via USB cable first. 

Next, place your finger on the Verizon logo caddy-whampus "V" above your touchscreen and slide it down.  That will open a little control panel showing notifications.  Tab the button to mount to sd card.

Go to My Computer (Computer on Vista and 7).

The camera will show up as your next available drive letter and now, unlike before, you will be able to open it.

Open it up.  The photos are in the DCIM folder.

Hope that helps. 

~Katie

0 Likes
tt1080i
Contributor - Level 1

you need to mount and unmount your sd card for access.

It's pretty easy. When plugged into the pc pull down the window shade and mount the volume. Then you get a pop up on the pc to open the folder.

There is a vz manager in the app store and for pc download from Verizon. Which will transfer music and photos.

0 Likes