LG Ally and email issues
Lovelilady

I have been having issues with my POP3 email since I got my Ally almost a month ago, and ever since the update yesterday they have only gotten worse.  Yesterday, I couldn't send anything - it just sat in my outbox.  Today, I can't even compose anything.  As soon as I start typing, my screen goes black and then returns to my inbox.  Also, whenever I try to read my mail after about 5 seconds, it goes black and then back to the inbox.  AND, I still keep getting old emails (really old) popping up as "new."  This phone would be perfect, if not for the email issues.  By the way, none of this is happening with my other email account which is an exchange email. 

HELP!

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning.......

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally and email issues
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Lovelilady wrote:

I have been having issues with my POP3 email since I got my Ally almost a month ago, and ever since the update yesterday they have only gotten worse.  Yesterday, I couldn't send anything - it just sat in my outbox.  Today, I can't even compose anything.  As soon as I start typing, my screen goes black and then returns to my inbox.  Also, whenever I try to read my mail after about 5 seconds, it goes black and then back to the inbox.  AND, I still keep getting old emails (really old) popping up as "new."  This phone would be perfect, if not for the email issues.  By the way, none of this is happening with my other email account which is an exchange email. 

HELP!

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning.......

Hi.    I am sorry you are having issues with you email and I will be happy to look into this for you.   Try to delete the email account that you are trying to access and add it again.  If that does not what, what type of email is it?  Check your outgoing mail settings to make sure it is correct.

If none of that works, we may need to do a complete reset

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks!

0 Likes
rwsum

I am having the same e-mail issues - the e-mail inbox just shuts down, open e-mails shut down, sometimes the e-mail app shuts down entirely.  I've done a soft reset, hard reset and event got a replacement phone as the Verizon support people could not think what else to do.  I did a google search on the subject and it appears to be a very prevalent problem with lots of forum discussion threads.  I have a yahoo account and a corporate exchange account set up.

VERIZON - PLEASE HELP WITH A REAL SOLUTION.

0 Likes
1969racquel
I am having the same problem with my aol account and I tried that and I still can't send emails?
0 Likes
tfch8184

Why not just update all your email stuff to your gmail account that you signed up for when you got your Ally. I just got my Ally this past Friday and sent an email to my contacts informing them that I have a new email account and also went into my other stuff like Amazon, Dogster, my billing and banking info and updated my accounts to have my Gmail email. It actually worked out better in the long run because then even on my computer I wasnt bouncing back and forth between Yahoo and Gmail checking stuff and wondering where this and that email was. It just seems like the simpler solution all around.

0 Likes
LG Ally and email issues
keburg1

I have had my Ally for a few days and cannot figure out how to delete my emails messages and keep them deleted. They keep showing up again in my inbox. I delete them from the inbox, delete them from the trash, and they re-appear!!

What's up with that?

0 Likes
arlingtonian

Have there been any more updates on this issue?  My wife is having it with her Ally.  She's on her 3rd phone now, after multiple trips to the retail store for service.  It happens mainly with her Exchange account.

0 Likes
karen1

I've had my phone since June 2010 and this is how I set up my Yahoo account.

incoming mail server

select:  pop3

Server domain: pop.att.yahoo.com

Port 995

SSL

Outgoing mail

Server domain:smtp.att.yahoo.com

Port 454

SSL

I haven't had any problems, but since the update there was a connection error but my mail showed up.

I have since downloaded Yahoo Android mail from the Market and I like it better.

I can delete with one stroke, rather than selecting each mail.

I also use Maildroid for my other email accounts. You can add additional email accounts to this app.

If you don't know your server domain and port numbers, google it.

0 Likes
JesseH

I have the same issue going on 6 months now (LG Ally / Droid, Verizon email account).  I have concluded that there is no solution to this.  I have been to multiple Verizon Wireless stores and had multiple techs try to look at my settings, delete / re-add my email account, etc.  I have had two factory resets done on my phone (which is quite annoying, by the way).  None of this has worked.  Finally I called to ask for a replacement phone, and after an hour on the phone with another tech guy, I finally convinced him to send me a replacement phone.  When I got the new phone (which incidentally had a crack in the screen) I activated it and I had the exact same issue.  Called and asked for a "top level" tech person, who walked me through a bunch of steps on the new phone, none of which worked.  He tried to connect me to LG, but then came back to me and said that LG is claiming it is still a device issue (which is highly unlikely considering it happened on 2 different phones).  The Verizon tech guy said he would research further and call me back that afternoon.  That was 5 days ago and I'm still waiting for my call back.

Oh, and by the way, I added my wife's email account (also Verizon) and have the exact same issue.  My Gmail account however, along with my phone calls, text messaging, web browing, Twitter updates, etc. etc. all work fine. 

0 Likes
dcash

Has the inability to delete messages issue been solved

0 Likes