LG Ally - Drop Calls & Crap signal
harristom1

Since Ive gotten my LG Ally, I'm dropping more calls that I care to count.  I'm losing signal in places I never lost signal before.

Is there a setting,or something I can do  to imporve this phone's performance....  It's really frosting my cake.

Thanx

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Ally - Drop Calls & Crap signal
August03
Contributor - Level 3

Try doing a battery pull on the device let the battery stay out about 10 to 15 seconds and then try the update steps below:

Please make sure you complete all the steps

The following are the steps you need to take to complete the update:

1. Power on your Verizon Wireless phone.
  2. Dial *228 from your home digital coverage area, followed by the SEND key.
  3. When prompted, press option #2, to update your phones roaming capabilities (This process may take up to 2 minutes).
  4. Once completed, a confirmation message will be played, and a message will display on the phone screen.

These steps can be found on our site at   http://support.vzw.com/faqs/Wireless%20Service/faq_prl_preferred_roaming_list_update.html

Hope this Helps

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you called *228 option 2 to update the preferred roaming list?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
harristom1

Tried it... No big difference..

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

Try doing a battery pull on the device let the battery stay out about 10 to 15 seconds and then try the update steps below:

Please make sure you complete all the steps

The following are the steps you need to take to complete the update:

1. Power on your Verizon Wireless phone.
  2. Dial *228 from your home digital coverage area, followed by the SEND key.
  3. When prompted, press option #2, to update your phones roaming capabilities (This process may take up to 2 minutes).
  4. Once completed, a confirmation message will be played, and a message will display on the phone screen.

These steps can be found on our site at   http://support.vzw.com/faqs/Wireless%20Service/faq_prl_preferred_roaming_list_update.html

Hope this Helps

0 Likes
Re: LAG Ally - Drop Calls & Crap signal
howieforbes

No this is not the final solution.  I am having the same problem.  I switched from a Samsung phone to the LAG Ally and now I drop 40 to 60 percent of the calls I make.  I have done the *228 many of times with no change.  I have tried the remove the battery, wait several minutes and reinstall and *228 and still no change.  I have taken the phone to the verizon techs. At the store and still dropping the same amount of calls.  I never had this problem with the Samsung phone (30 dollar phone)  I am traveling the same routes to and from work.  The first time it was taken in to the store they said it was not switching towers.  The changed some settings and said they updated some stuff.  Did not tell me what.  Still 40 to 60 percent drop.  The second time the techs wiped the phone reloaded software etc and same results.  This is not solved.  At this point I am stuck with a flashy toy that will play games etc but is a paper weight when it comes to being a phone.   So re-open this discussion and come up with a solution.

0 Likes
richvar

I have had my Ally since around 12/20/10 and have been experiencing around 40-60% dropped calls and calls that are not dropped experience the signal going in and out. I'm waiting for a replacement phone.

I did some searching and found the following post. I tried it and it seems to have improved the dropped calls issue a little bit but I still need to test further to see if there is any significant improvement. Try it out and post your results.

Here is the links:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Apps/How-to-quot-Fix-quot-the-50-dreaded-bug-issue-on-almost-all/m...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

richvar wrote:

I have had my Ally since around 12/20/10 and have been experiencing around 40-60% dropped calls and calls that are not dropped experience the signal going in and out. I'm waiting for a replacement phone.

I did some searching and found the following post. I tried it and it seems to have improved the dropped calls issue a little bit but I still need to test further to see if there is any significant improvement. Try it out and post your results.

Here is the links:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Apps/How-to-quot-Fix-quot-the-50-dreaded-bug-issue-on-almost-all/m...

The HTC Droid Eris also has the issue with signal bug mentioned in the link.  I have had the fix applied since about the time the thread was started.  I have felt it improved the battery life and the error miscalculating the time since unplugged.  The bug returns EVERY time the phone is rebooted.  So it is best to make a habit within a few minutes after the phone is completely loaded after turning on to put the phone is airplane mode for about a minute.  This is just enough time for the phone to start correcting the signal bug.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes